x

Converting invoice to Banquet Event Order (BEO) for kitchen prep

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to export invoice information from square, to be used in a ktichen as a banquet event order (BEO) or generic prep sheet?

We need to add custom fields such as event date, food items, set-up or delivery information, etc. for off-site catering. 

Is there any app that communicates with square for events?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

@kitchencafe

Have you checked into Square for Restaurants? Not sure if that would be a good option for you.

Sounds like you are looking for something to actually bill out the catering order, and maybe just process the payments itself in Square.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 2 of 6

@kellyj 

We're using estimates and invoices, for billing, which work fine.

We need a custom print out option for our kitchen, to read the order and prepare it, the invoice doesn't have all the information they need on it, like event date, and it has too much information they don't need, like all the payment details. 

Is there an option to customize a different output, like a Banquet Event Order? I'm looking to export a different form altogether to print and provide to them, without having to manually type in the information that I've already input into Square. 

Is this an option in Square for restaurants?

Message 3 of 6
Admin

@kitchencafe Helen here stepping in for kellyj. 

I don't think Square for Restaurants is what your looking for. You can add items to an invoice, and notes too, and when the Invoices has been paid all of that information will be available in the Reports section of your online Square Dashboard. I wonder if you could use the Item Details CSV or the Transactions CSV to print all the information you need.

@ACAcatering Do you have any tips to share to generate a prep sheet with information that's available on the Dashboard? Or maybe you're familiar with a suitable integration? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 6

Hi, Yes I'm looking for a solution as well. The kitchen should not be privy to the costs and payments. In our 3rd party catering platform, they give me the option to print the order with or without the prices. 

Right now i'm printing the invoice and cutting the piece of paper and giving the kitchen a tiny prep sheet with no details. 

Is there a "kitchen sheet" to print instead of the invoice? Thank you!

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @ManitasCafe

At this time, Square doesn't have a Kitchen Sheet or Kitchen Slip. Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature. I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6