x

Customize Modifier Set Order

Customize Modifier Set Order

Once I select an item, how do I reorder the sequence of modifier sets for that item?

58 Comments

I have the same question. I tried to change the order by deleting some, re-entering them in a different order but the result didn't change one bit. I did contact the help but the answer was that we can't do that yet... bummer. Come on programers, get to work please 🙂

This is a pretty important attribute for Square to get working. We run a small coffeeshop and bakery. Many of our sales items are made to order from the same basic ingredients, but the order in which the options are added varied by product. The kitchen order ticket is then a little confusing, as the item details appear in a different order than the item is constructed for the customer.

Admin

Hello @AirPlay and @ThierrLRC, thanks for flagging.

Any chance you're using an iPad with Square Register? If so, as you're editing or creating an item, you can reorder modifier sets directly in the app by holding and dragging the three horizontal lines to the right of each modifier set.

We're working on adding this option to the Android version of Square Register. I don't have access to a specific timeline for when this will be enabled, but we'll announce as soon as it's ready to go.

Find more information on modifier management in our Support Center.

Hope this helps! Thanks for your patience and keep sharing your experience as we continue to streamline the app.

We use the iPad. I know how to reorder, but the new sequence then applies to EVERYTHING. I want a unique order for each parent item, as some modifiers are more or less importand in order of being presented to the clerk.

Square

@AirPlay Individual modifier orders is not currently available but I see how that would be useful, especially if you have a large number of modifiers. I will pass this along to our Product Team. We love hearing what our sellers are looking for, thanks for taking the time to post! 😀

Beta Member

We sell sandwiches and each sandwich has multiple modifier sets.  We want to place the modifier sets in a certain order for ease of order entry, etc.  Is this still not possible at the moment?

Example: Bread modifier, meat modifier, cheese modifier, veggies modifier, add-ons, substitutions, dine-in or to-go, etc.  The issue is that these modifier sets seem to be random as far as which set appears on the top of the list while entering in a sandiwch order.  Is there a work around?

Super Seller Alumni

I totally agree that this is an important addition.

Having said that, I did make a little work around for myself. 

Since they are by default in alphabetical order, I’ve added numbers in front of them in the order I want them to show up in. 

Example:

1. The first modifier

2. Second modifier

3. Third

You could also do letters or special characters (- & $)

Hope this works for ya!

Beta Member

Absolutely agree with this... the modifier window needs to be able to be customized. Right now, I have notes at the end - but need them to be at the top as this is the recipe for a drink - and having to scroll to the bottom each time is time consuming.

For instance. We have a cocktails category. The cocktails modifer window needs to have the notes right up top, then the quantity and then the liquor builds modifier so they can select the alcohol being used - well, premium or top shelf - or something entirely different. In shots, however - the liquor build modifier needs to be first. Notes are not needed.

Beta Member

Our issue is that we have multiple types of modifiers being added to items - we need to be able to set where these modifiers sit on the overall screen of modifiers that come up.

Beta Member

This is now becoming an even larger issue - not being able to set what appears where. Notes and descriptions are being set to the bottom of the screen and need to be at the top - since it tells the server what the build is on the drink or food item. Having to scroll to the bottom is a time waster.