x

Customize the name of Payment Types in Point of Sale (for example, UberEats, Grubhub etc. )

Hello, does anyone know if Square POS has the feature to set up a customized name of Payment Types in Point of Sale (for example, UberEats, Grubhub etc. )

So in the daily/monthly reports, it will show the subtotal amount we get from Ubereats/grubhub etc, in payment type section. 

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

@teamoji I hear you on that for sure. It makes a lot of sense for reporting purposes!

I'll let the Product team know you're looking for this feature and hopefully this is an improvement we can make in the future! They monitor the Community for seller requests daily. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @teamoji!

There isn't necessarily a way to set a payment type but you can add details in the notes section when you take the payment and list those names in the details when you take it so that way it shows on your reporting!

Ashley C
Message 2 of 11

But this won't show up on the daily report, and also it takes time especially when we are busy to type in and save... 

Message 3 of 11

i would think it to be very useful and convenient for all small business to name a coupld of different payment methods other than cash/check/card on file etc. For example, wechat/alipay becomes popular; with other POS, we can save a payment name as wechat/alipay, this would make us so much easy during the reconciliation process. Also we can name some as "ubereats" "grubhub" etc. During month-end, we can just compare the numebrs with the third party report, and then make our life so much easier when running a small business. 

Message 4 of 11

Best Answer

@teamoji I hear you on that for sure. It makes a lot of sense for reporting purposes!

I'll let the Product team know you're looking for this feature and hopefully this is an improvement we can make in the future! They monitor the Community for seller requests daily. 

Ashley C
Message 5 of 11
Beta Member

This would be extremely beneficial when doing reports to know where the payment came from, and to also check out faster on the POS. 

Message 6 of 11

Any updates on this? Could really use a solution...

Message 7 of 11

I have the same basis question - specifically for 3rd party apps like GrubHub, Uber Eats, and Postmates.

~What is the best & proper way to record sales that go through one of the apps above.  It is important to keep our important to maintain accurate inventory and item sales records, but because the payment from GrubHub (for example) is less than our regular price, how can we record the sale of that item at the different/lower cost?

I'm on hold (on the phone) right now with Square...let's see if I can get an answer.

Message 8 of 11

I asked them a while ago, they didn’t have this feature. Hope they are adding this feature, which will help the reporting a lot for small businesses.

Message 9 of 11

Thanks for sharing your experience here, @teamoji - it is true that this is still an outstanding Feature Request, @WarnerCtrCafe. I'm curious if you got any more insight whenever you called in?

Joe
Message 10 of 11
Beta Member

It's been at least 5 years this feature request has been pending. Any update? This is a pretty basic interface update, the functions are already built in! 

Message 11 of 11