x

How does one Print Food Tickets and Drink Tickets on separate printers?

How does one Print Food Item Tickets and Drink Item Tickets on separate printers?   We are a cafe that had Different locations for Food and Drink preperation and it can be confusing for Food prep to filter the drink items and Drink prep to filter the food items on tickets.

Thanks,

Michael

Message 1 of 19
2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

Happy to see you joined the Community, @se2 !! 

Yes, you're able to assign a printer to print specific items. First, make sure your items are categorized (drinks, food, etc). Then:

1. From the Square app, tap the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner to navigate to the menu or the down arrow at the top of the Square Register.

2. Tap Settings > Checkout > Order Tickets > select your desired printer.

3. Toggle Order Tickets on.

4. Select either Enter Customer Number or Name or Auto-Assign Ticket Numbers.

5. Choose the categories you’d like to print under “Include on Ticket.”

6. Repeat on additional printers.

Hope this helps!! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 19
Beta Member

Best Answer

Actually, never mind. If anyone is stuck on this, you need to go to your Square stand (or register, I'm assuming maybe it works the same way), Click "account" then "setup hardware" select the printer (or KDS) you want to assign categories to, scroll down until you see "include on ticket" and select what you want from there.

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Beta Member

On every square station  in printer settings you can enable what category gets sent to which printer. (Of course your drinks are in separate category , food in separate) 

so when ticket is saved food items are sent to one printer , drink items to other. 

Make sure that if you have more iPads  on every one of them you have to set what gets printed and what not. 

Message 2 of 19

Hi there, could you please elaborate on how to do this? We are facing the same problem and need to print out tickets in different areas of the restaurants. We tried having ipads and different stations, but the employees are unable to use because the gloves they wear do not recognize when touching the ipad. We would like to just use print outs instead. 

How do you go about this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 3 of 19

Just to elaborate, we are currently using one ipad and one printer. To get print outs at multiple stations, do you need multiple ipads or can you just have multiple printers? 

Message 4 of 19
Beta Member

You can have multiple ticket printers (on same network as you iPads ). 

Every station in kitchen one printer, drink station  etc. 

Message 5 of 19

We have 1 IPAD Square POS and are trying to print to 2 different Star Micronics SM-T300i portable printers.  Both are connected via bluetooth and i set up a "printer station" for each as well as having square set up to send different items to the different printers.  The problem is that everything prints to only 1 of the printers.  Can you provide more details on your setup? thank you.

Message 6 of 19

Go through each Printer tems and select the item or category or items to print at that printer.  

Got to 

SETTINGS >>>>

PRINTERS>>>>

select the printer to setup>>>>

select items or category of items to print at that printer

Go through each printer you have and do it that way. 

Message 7 of 19

We have 2 registers and printers in our store labeled 1  & 2 - how do you set up printers to print which register it is?

Message 8 of 19
Alumni

Best Answer

Happy to see you joined the Community, @se2 !! 

Yes, you're able to assign a printer to print specific items. First, make sure your items are categorized (drinks, food, etc). Then:

1. From the Square app, tap the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner to navigate to the menu or the down arrow at the top of the Square Register.

2. Tap Settings > Checkout > Order Tickets > select your desired printer.

3. Toggle Order Tickets on.

4. Select either Enter Customer Number or Name or Auto-Assign Ticket Numbers.

5. Choose the categories you’d like to print under “Include on Ticket.”

6. Repeat on additional printers.

Hope this helps!! 

Justin
Message 9 of 19
Beta Member

Hi Justin,

Which settings? I found the right place the other day, ended up having to start over with all of my KDS screens and printers, I need to reassign categories and these directions aren't getting me anywhere I can actually do this. 

We're using Square Stand, the Square for Restaurants App, and there's no horizontal lines in the upper right or a down arrow. I think I have to do this from my PC, but there are a million places there that have settings as an option. I feel like I'm losing my mind. Plz help.

Message 10 of 19
Beta Member

Best Answer

Actually, never mind. If anyone is stuck on this, you need to go to your Square stand (or register, I'm assuming maybe it works the same way), Click "account" then "setup hardware" select the printer (or KDS) you want to assign categories to, scroll down until you see "include on ticket" and select what you want from there.

Message 11 of 19

Hello,

I understand how to assign categories to the printer stations I set up.  I have 3 bluetooth printers and 2 usb.  I have 2 POS systems in 2 locations both taking orders for the same items.  I need the tickets from POS 1 and the tickets to POS 2 to pop up to the proper places to be executed, one at the bar, one at the grill, and one at in the ice cream area.  I have set up a printer station for the grill, the ice cream window, and the bar.  Every time I test it the tickets are sent to the same printer no matter what categories I selected for them.  I can change the printer that they print to, but they still all print to the same printer.  It seems as if I cannot use one bluetooth printer for the bar, one BT for the grill, and one for the ice cream....it seems as if I can only use one BT printer at a time.  Is this correct?  or is there a way to specify each BT printer and what it recieves?  TY!

Message 12 of 19

It seems as if square is picking up all three of the BT printers as one and the same.

I can view each printer in my BT in settings, I can view all three in my TSP utility, however when I try and transfer the fact that there are 3 BT printers to square it only views them as 1

Message 13 of 19

Is there a way to send a Order to a Order Printer based on what Category the Item is?

Example:

Order Take on IPad by Table....

1 Iced Latte would send to the send to Printer 1 by the Espresso Machine.

1 Bacon Sandwhich would send to Printer 2 by the Kitchen.

Same order, two printers based on differerent categories of the item being sold.

Message 14 of 19
Admin

Hello @chstewart101. Yes you can send items to different printers depending on the category! I've added your post to this thread so you can see the steps and if you need it, this Support Center article also has information about printing to multiple printers.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 15 of 19
Beta Member

We have started selling beer and wine online but unfortunately beer is not printing on order tickets so when people come to pick up their orders we often miss packing this. Trying to figure out how to get beer and wine to print on order tickets. Thanks

Message 16 of 19
Alumni

Hey @ZDeli - Are your beer and wine items categorized? If so, go to your printer station settings to check if those categories are enabled to print on order tickets. 

Justin
Message 17 of 19
Beta Member

Thank you!

This worked.

Message 18 of 19
Alumni

🙌 @ZDeli

Justin
Message 19 of 19