x

How to account for missing money on double shifts...

I searched this board many times looking for the answer to this question, because on thursdays and fridays are double shifts at my restaurant and nobody at square customer support could give a strait answer as to why my daily balance sheet on these days are consistently hundreds of dollars short... and over the last months my employees have used our doubt in the validity of this software to skim cash out of the register and it wasnt till I installed a second register and the tills were finally coming to the penny that I found that the amount missing on those days were the cash sales from the morning shift, because though the sales report we pull at the end of the day is for all day... the drawer report is only for that shift and even though the cash sales from earlier are still in the drawer the drawer report no longer thinks of them as cash sales... they are simply absorbed as more cash in the till for the shift. So I will share my daily ballance sheet with the community because my employees have used this reporting error as an exploit to take money.

End of Shift Balance Sheet

1)Reg A Ending Amt._____                                               Reg A Beginning Amt.________

2)Reg B Ending Amt._____                                               Reg B Beginning Amt._______

3)Check________                                                                Starting total____________

4)Card  ________                                  (PM Shift)Subtract AM Cash Sales________

5)Reg A Paid Outs_____                                                 PM Starting Total__________

6)Reg B Paid Outs_____

• Add#1-6___________________
  • Subtract Starting Total________
  • Total Collected______________
  • Over/Under________________
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Thank you very for contacting our CS team and sharing this @Boondocks. I'm really sorry again for the trouble this caused and I'm sure this will help other sellers while our Reporting team continues to make improvements.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2