x

How to make a combo meal show up one item per line?

I have combo meals at my ice cream store that have a food item(s) and a choice of toppings for a sandwich.  Right now, the combo meals just lump all the selections of modifiers into one long run-on paragraph, which makes it kind of hard to decipher when in the kitchen making a cheeseburger and knowing what toppings go on it (granted, they're listed right after the sandwich choice) and knowing that you need to make sure it has a xx size milkshake and yy type of potato chips.

Ideally, I'd like each item in the combo to be listed out one item per line:

Combo 3 (sandich/medium shake/chips)

Cheeseburger

ketchup

mustard

lettuce 

onion

Banana shake

plain potato chips

If there's a way to do this, I'm game as I'll open for my season in a few weeks and can spend the time now editing modifiers.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

Hey @robinbelleville -

While there currently isn't a way to print modifiers in a single list on a order ticket, I can see how this will eliminate confusion for your cooks in the kitchen. Bubbling your post up to the Product Team to track the need for this feature. We'll let you know here when there are any shareable updates! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

We have the star tsp742 kitchen impact printer and it prints out 1 item per line on modifiers.

Also, I strongly recommend you try out KDS fresh.. it acts like a printer my tablet and you can put it in the kitchen so they can see the order tickets on the tablet.  Very affordable.

Also I would have your sandwich separate as an item with the sandwich modifiers.  Have the combo is a second item with a choices for the drink as one set of modifiers and if the side item is another set of modifiers.  Just make the cost of the combo discounted to add up what you wanted to cost for everything.

Message 3 of 7
Beta Member

Greetings! 

We've created a created a feature request for "create combo functionality".  It was updated to "OPEN" by the Square team which means they are looking at it closer and looking for feedback/use cases from others.  You can find the request below....

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Square-for-Restaurants/Add-quot-combo-quot-functionality/idc-p/65...

...please consider taking a look and adding your input/use cases so we can show Square how much this is needed!

Thanks!

Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

I desperately need the combo function on the regular POS. In the meantime a work around could be automatic discounts or allowing modifiers to have a negative price (hence the discount). Please please please.

For example I could add item #1 and then a modifier for the combo (meal) and then add item #2 and #3. The discount would be added automatically by selecting the combo modifier. 

I need away to automatically add a discount.

Message 5 of 7

This will really help for my concession stand/food truck operations. I sell a lot of concession food: tacos, ice cones, chips, sandwiches, burgers at local/regional fairs. When it comes to efficiency and avoiding confusion it is best to have modifiers displayed in individual lines rather than one single paragraph. Our tacos, sandwiches and burgers. have the most modifiers in our menus and my cooks have been asking if there is a way to customize the order ticket so that the modifiers may be displayed in separate lines. Thank you!

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hello @AuthDelights01, I appreciate you reaching out and completely understand your concern about needing to make your tickets more efficient. At this time there is not a way to customize order tickets so that the modifiers may be displayed in separate lines. Feel free to reach out on our Ideate Board and provide this feedback. If you need anything else please let us know. 

Message 7 of 7