x

Feature Request: Bundle items as a single item, pull from inventory individually - combo/combination

Feature Request: Bundle items as a single item, pull from inventory individually - combo/combination

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Inventory: Can you bundle items together as a single item or special?

We have multiple products for the same price.   We offer a 3 for $20 special, which is a mix & match of any three products.   How do I handle the inventory count?   Do I need to add each item with the discounted amount, so at check out I would have to select three discounted items?   Or do I add each item at the regular amount and apply an overall discount?

3 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to create a Gift Basket, to be sold as one item, pulling numerous items from s...

Hey @FurnishbyIsa and welcome to the Community!

This isn't something we offer at this time. 

This would be a feature request we can pass up but I haven't seen any other requests for this yet. Hopefully other sellers who are looking for this can add onto the thread!

EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Can square reduce inventory of two different items sold as one?

Hi there!

Unfortunately for bundle created items that combine two separate items together will not reduce your inventory for each. 

What you can do is create a discount and apply it to the sale when both items are purchased together.

This will reduce your inventory and also reduce the price to the amount that you like. 

Tom
Verified Answer

Re: How to track inventory with a mix & match 3 for $20 special?

Hey @Baconation, thanks for surfacing!

I can see how this would be a bit tricky for your 3-for-$20 special, especially since inventory is a high priority.

Depending on how you need to track your items, I have three suggestions:

1. Add each item individually to the sale, then apply an overall discount.
    Pro: Allows you to track the inventory for each item regardless of being part of the special.
    Con: You would have to ring up the 3-for-$20 special as a separate transaction. Otherwise, the discount will apply to the entire sale.

2. Add each item individually to the sale, then apply the discount to each of the three items.
    Pro: Allows you to track inventory for each item regardless of being part of the special and ring up additional items in a single transaction.
    Con: More of a manual process that may increase the length of time to complete a sale.

3. Create a "3-for-$20 Special" item.
    Pro: It's fast and since the price would be locked, you can add it to a sale with other items.
    Con: You wouldn't be able to track each individual item within included with the "3-for-$20 Special" item.

I understand how automating this would be super helpful for your business and I'll be sure to share your experience with our product liaison team. 

Find step-by-steps on applying discounts in our Support Center.

Hope this helps clear things up for now. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

291 Comments

This reply was created from merging the thread "Inventory"

Food truck doing wings and need to know how to track my inventory of wings. My menu is set up with different items such as wing counts or wings with fries. Thanks in advance! 

Hello @Rockeyswings

Currently this is a feature request we're tracking on this thread! I went ahead and merged your thread so we can keep all the feedback in one place. If there are any updates, we will make an announcement. 🙂

I'd just like to express my interest in this feature as well! We've been offering a "meal deal" (sandwich/salad/soup/side) combo for the past 4+ years through a very confusing string of modifiers. We also sell each item individually. I would love the ability to group individual items together in a way that allows us to track sales and popularity. With online ordering becoming more and more popular, it would be great if the ordering was simple enough that a customer could do it. That is currently not the case! Lots of scrolling and options. 

We use modifiers, but I'm not sure if that is the best way.

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How do I create a mixed dozen

I am interested in creating a mixed dozen of something.  We are a bagel shop, so we are trying to have a button that allows for a dozen bagels.  We would want to be able to add, for example, 4 plain, 4, everything, 2 sesame, and 2 poppy bagels.  Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!

Admin

@GreggC There isn't a way to track inventory for bundled items I'm afraid. As a workaround you could create a single item for a mixed dozen, and use modifiers to track the flavors.

I'm also adding your post to a thread where we're tracking this feature requestt so we can notifiy you of any updates automatically.

Thanks for the response, but I don't think your workaround works.  Here is the problem we have.  Using a modifier only allows you to select each modifier once.  So, if I have 6 flavors, but someone wants 3 of falvor 1 and 4 of flavor 2 and 2 of flavor 5, there seems to be no way to make that happen.

I hope maybe I am missing something here.  I would love it if this is possible and would be happy to use this workaround.

-Gregg

Admin

@GreggG

Maybe our Super Seller @pessosices can help you with some work around options. 

Super Seller Alumni

Thanks @kellyj 

Hey @GreggG - 

This is definitely a tricky thing and there's no perfect solution, but I have a couple of work arounds.

1. Set up 12 Modifier Groups for Bagel 1, Bagel 2, Bagel 3, Bagel 4, ..... etc.... Each group would the same entrants, each of your bagel flavor/types. When someone orders a dozen, you scroll through and select each bagel individually. Downside is it might be time consuming and repetative to scroll down and select each bagel individually.

2. Set up sepearate items for each bagel types and call them something like "1 of a Dozen - ____" with the blank being the flavor, and price the item to be 1/12 of the price of your dozen.So if your dozen is $10, you'd have items called "1 of a Dozen - Plain" $0.83, "1 of a Dozen - Everything" $0.83, "1 of a Dozen - Sesame" $0.83. You can put them on a separate Grid Page so Employees don't confuse them with the regular single priced bagels. So when someone orders a dozen, you go to that Grid Page for your dozen, and tap each bagel as many times as they want each bagel in a dozen. Downside would be it doesn't check or limit to make sure you have only 12 bagels, or that employees don't make mistakes and charge it as singles.

3. Just use the notes section of 1 item called "Dozen Bagels" to write down the breakdown of how many bagels of each type. It's the simplest and easiest and will show up on the receipt or order ticket, but you won't be able to easily have the data and track the breakdown.

Hope one of these can work for you - and hopefully Square will add the functionality to select a modifier more than once.
- Pesso

I'm going to second the vote for this to be made a priority. It would help our business efficiency dramatically. We are trying to find a way to track all inventory used during individual appointment types. If we could bundle a ton of inventory items together and add a single item to the service to account for the inventory used during that appointment, it would be amazing!