x

Feature Request: Change locations without logging out

Beta Member

Feature Request: Change locations without logging out

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How to change locations on iPad?

I use the same iPad for different "locations".   The only way I can see to change locations is to log off and then log back in and choose the location I want. Is there a way to change locations while logged in?

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Change locations without logging out

@Bradsfood 

We're happy to announce a new account feature: Mobile Location Switching! 🙌

Read more about the update here.

143 Comments

Adding my reply to positively affect visibility for a "popular request" that most developers could fulfill within 2 working years. 

We use square for our cafes deliveries. 2 locations.  Anyway to switch locations without completely logging out each time. Each cafe location has it's own bank acct so we like keeping payments separate. 

Super Seller

currently, there is not a way to fast switch between locations.

If you only have 2 you can use the method that we do.  I run our retail side of our business thru the app store version, and I run the wholesale side of our business thru the Beta client.  you can be logged into a location in each client.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5330-square-point-of-sale-beta-for-ios

We would also love to see this update made. Appreciate you letting us know when this happens. 

Beta Member

I have recently added a second location to my business and I need to check sales freaquently at both locations to see how things are going and if I need to bring in help or shift help between the two. 

Adding my vote: Please give us a way to switch without having to sign out and sign back in again!

I too have recently added a second location and I’m having an extreme amount of trouble having to login and then back out. I would like to add a vote to please add an option to change locations easily. As it is quite frustrating as a very small business owner with very little time. 

Hey there!

Any updates on this thread? Seems to be pretty intuitive in other products to quickly change locations. In order to create effective systems and processes for multiple users with one IPAD, this issue has been a regular hang up.

Other reasons and "the why" has been shared by other users that you should review as well. 

Thank you!

Beta Member

You can easily check sales art multiple locations using the dashboard app. EASILY. Which makes it more frustrating and hard to understand why they can't fix this in the register app.

Admin

@AaronM

We want to make sure you are not taking payments on the wrong location, which is easy to do when you are able to navigate between locations easily. 

We've found the best answer to this is being logging out and logging back in under the account email and selecting the location you intend to take payments under.

We're happy to continue to iterate this to our Product team, and definitely do see the functionality being specific to a few different kinds of businesses where this would be helpful.