x

NEW! Printing labels for drink orders

What is the best way to print order tickets using labels?  I'm setting up Square in a small coffee cafe at my church and would like to print drink orders tickets on a label to stick to the cups.  I see I can use the Star printer with Max stick paper... but it seems very expensive.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 189
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey y'all ! The wait is over... Single Item Printing is now LIVE in the Point of Sale app. 🥳️ 

Now you can print individual tickets for drink and/or food orders and their modifiers.  

Take it a step further with printing tickets on sticky labels! My friend @AprilMarie gives you the run down about label printer and sticky labels support for iOS devices here, and @Helen shares the details for label printer and sticky labels support for Android devices and Square Register here.

I hope this message finds you well! Let us know if you need further guidance.✌️ 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 148 of 189
188 REPLIES 188

Sharing some of our experiences:

We tested the Bluetooth, non-SK version of the TSP654 since the SK version was hard to find and the specs were very similar across both models to see if it would be able to print labels as well. The non-SK model was unable to print labels.

We purchased a refurbished TSP654SK model with Ethernet connection. It was advertised as being compatible with sticky labels, but our initial experience found the sticky roll we used was getting stuck on the internal roller and not feeding through out of the printer even when using the recommended brand/roll the seller tested and suggested - MaxStick 2GOSE. This particular roll has the adhesive on the edges. We then tested with the MaxStick PLUSD roll and this one worked; the adhesive on the PLUSD is in a "diamond" pattern. We're hoping this wasn't a fluke as single rolls are hard to find and costly, and this was also tested outside of operating business hours so not sure how it will handle a rush of orders, but I recommend you trying the diamond-adhesive type if it wasn't the type you tested with.

Message 85 of 189

An update on our experience: Our printer never worked well printing the sticky labels. The printer would print 1-3 labels well, but then the roll would get stuck around the roller. To remedy this, we wrapped the roller with some of the sticky paper, testing and wrapping more until the labels no longer stuck when printing. So far this hack has worked, but it's disappointing that the printer did not work well by itself.

Message 86 of 189

So there's still no good method to print stickers for cups?  Does it still print huge labels for the cups?

Message 87 of 189

You have to sign up for Fresh KDS in Square Market App. Fresh KDS costs $30 per month BUT it will give capable to print beautiful drink label for drink and sticker.

https://beta.freshkds.com/#PricingSection

Message 88 of 189

Does it print out as an itemized ticket? I want individual items with modifications so we can stick them on the cups. 

Message 89 of 189
Square Community Moderator

Heya @Klaudia and welcome to the Community.

I'd recommend checking out both links (especially the second one) provided in @JustinC's Best Answer.

It shows an example of one there and does include modifiers on it.

Ashley C
Message 90 of 189

We use the Square solution Star Montronics and it prints ALL sizes and modifiers; We have size, flavor, mix-ins and sauce per each order on the ticket, separatly. We love it!! We sell liquid nitrogen ice cream

Message 91 of 189

switch to revel pos system, or clover pos system, I am using clover and they have this function. 

Message 92 of 189

Hi, what printer do you use to create drink label for clover system? thanks

Message 93 of 189

Plus one for this. Please!!!

Message 94 of 189
Beta Member

It looks like Fresh KDS has a solution that some of us can use. I already use Fresh KDS, the solution requires you use Fresh KDS, pay for their upgraded service, and then you can print the labels using a Zebra printer and the tablet. It is not ideal by any means but hopefully that will help some of you out.

https://beta.freshkds.com/printing-from-fresh-kds-setup-guide?utm_source=Fresh+Tools&utm_campaign=2b...

Message 95 of 189

Where did you get the labels for the zebra printers. I can't find them in stores

Message 96 of 189
Beta Member

Amazon is where I ordered. Best price

Message 97 of 189
Beta Member

Fresh KDS came out with a solution. You have to use their application to print the labels so it's less than ideal but might work for some of you.

Message 98 of 189

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Is there a Label printer supported by the Square Register?

We have a food truck and use the new Square Register with reciept printer and cash box. I would like to attach another printer Label/Writer 450 (which is supported by other Square products) and use it to create labels for the items being prepared in the truck. Like Starbucks does in their coffee shop. It would be great to have the order number and or customer names on them with what the oreder is.
We sell Rolled ice cream and some orders have more than one item on them and if the software woud allow multiple prints for multiple cups woulkd make life so much easier.

If it could be set to print multiple tickets for the multiple items on the order showing one item on each p lable print would be awesome.

Any Thoughts

Message 99 of 189
Admin

Thanks for your post @mprather!

I wish I had better news but currently there isn't a way to print labels or stickers with Square Register or with the Point of Sale app. (You might have read about printing bar code labels with the Square for Retail app which wouldn't be suitable for your truck!) 

This is a popular request that we're tracking here. I abolutely see how it would help you and your staff to be more efficient at when handling orders at your food truck. Keep in touch for updates! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 100 of 189

Has there been any progress in the lable printer for Square Register?

I can not believe Square has not made this available yet.

Customers have been requesting this for years now.

This has really become a dire need for our buisness.

Message 101 of 189
Square Community Moderator

@mprather We're really sorry we haven't been able to make this happen yet. ☹️

It's been re-escalated to our Register and Product teams and we've made sure they've seen all of your feedback throughout this thread as well.

Ashley C
Message 102 of 189
Beta Member

I’m 1 day into using the “print” function through fresh kds. If you’re using fresh Kds and need to print individual item labels as I do for sandwiches, it’s a GO and works nicely. Any questions message me via Instagram thegreekpitaplace

Message 103 of 189
Admin

Thank you @ThatPitaGuy

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 104 of 189

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Labels For Drink Orders?

Over the weekend I saw a business using a Epson TM-L90 printing order tickets on sticky paper for labels? I believey they where using the new square pos system? is this a beta feature? Kind of like when you go to starbucks and get a drink. 

Message 105 of 189