x

Menu item printed on our cashier printer but would not print on kitchen printer.

We have several menu items and this past weekend 1 item would print on cashier printer but would not print on kitchen printer. All other items printed on both printers. Not sure how to correct this problem.

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @lmcccall752 - thanks for making your first post and welcome to the community!

Since you're using multiple printers, you are able to choose which item categories route to each printer. (For example - if you have a separate drink station than your kitchen, you could send drink orders directly to the printer located at the drink station).

To change these settings from the Point of Sale app:

• Tap Three Horizontal Lines to access the menu.
  • Tap Settings > Printers > select the desired printer.
  • Toggle Order Tickets on.
  • Select either Enter Customer Number or Name or Auto-Assign Ticket Numbers.
  • Choose the categories you’d like to print under “Include on Ticket.” 
  • Repeat on additional printers as needed.

I hope this helps resolve your order tickets. Feel free to follow up if you have any other questions. 😊

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @lmcccall752 - thanks for making your first post and welcome to the community!

Since you're using multiple printers, you are able to choose which item categories route to each printer. (For example - if you have a separate drink station than your kitchen, you could send drink orders directly to the printer located at the drink station).

To change these settings from the Point of Sale app:

• Tap Three Horizontal Lines to access the menu.
  • Tap Settings > Printers > select the desired printer.
  • Toggle Order Tickets on.
  • Select either Enter Customer Number or Name or Auto-Assign Ticket Numbers.
  • Choose the categories you’d like to print under “Include on Ticket.” 
  • Repeat on additional printers as needed.

I hope this helps resolve your order tickets. Feel free to follow up if you have any other questions. 😊

Message 2 of 8

I'm running a very busy restaurant with counter order. We have a complicated menu with 4 printers and now working on implementing FreshKDS as well. At the end of the dinner rush, we have a lot of people who just want dessert. We have a dessert category and we'd like tickets that are dessert category only to print on the Square Stand connected printer so they can be handed off for quick delivery to the dessert station without having to be processed in the Kitchen Printer/FreshKDS queue. 

I guess, more to the point, a more granular control of what prints where would be most helpful. 

Message 3 of 8
Alumni

Hi @mcclayton - welcome to the community. 😎

I moved your post to this thread - the instructions above list how to designated item categories to specific printers

I hope this helps, feel free to post again if you have other questions. 

Message 4 of 8

I'm sorry, but that doesn't help. I already have that set up. I'd like item by item choices of where to print things, not just by category. Moreover, I'd love some algorithmic rules for printing, although I know that's asking a lot. For instance, if a ticket is just items from the "Desserts" category, I'd like it to print to cold pantry rather than the kitchen printer. If an entree has a side salad, I'd like the side salad to go to the pantry station rather than the kitchen printer. Or, I have items like a falafel bowl that require both fryer (falafel) and pantry (greens) and I'd like it to print to both. The controls present in the current system are very rudimentary.

Message 5 of 8

This might sound silly, but I can't find the 3 bars in the POS app to direct the items to the specific printer I'd like to go to.  Can you tell me where this is located specifically?

Message 6 of 8

This might sound silly, but I can't find the 3 bars in the POS app to direct the items to the specific printer I'd like to go to.  Can you tell me where this is located specifically?

Message 7 of 8
Alumni

Hi @katertots - You can find it in the top lefthand corner. It looks like this:

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 8 of 8