x

I need to be able to see Labor % from an iPad quickly

Labor vs. Sales is critical to a restaurant.  We need to be able to see this in realtime on our POS devices.

Can the Dev. team add that to the POS software, it's already in the Back of the House software.

Message 1 of 16
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Fredmayne

I can see how being able to view this outside of your Dashboard and right on the Point of Sale app itself would be useful for businesses checking things on the fly throughout the day. I'll let our Reporting team know it's something you'd like to see. 

What was your current workaround for this? 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Best Answer

Hi @Fredmayne

I can see how being able to view this outside of your Dashboard and right on the Point of Sale app itself would be useful for businesses checking things on the fly throughout the day. I'll let our Reporting team know it's something you'd like to see. 

What was your current workaround for this? 

Message 2 of 16

They have to login at the back of the house register and look at it.  Very tedious and challenging in our fast paced restaurant

Message 3 of 16
Alumni

Thanks for sharing, @Fredmayne! We've passed on your feedback to our Reporting team. We'll announce any updates here as we receive them.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 4 of 16

Any ETA on this?

Message 5 of 16

Really need to have this feature.  When can we expect it?

Message 6 of 16

@Fredmayne There's no specific timelines or road map details as of right now, however if anything does come up as far as updates or releases in general, we'll let everyone in the Community know. 

Keep an eye out for updates and hopefully we can get something rolled out soon. 

Message 7 of 16

Looking forward to it.  thanks

Message 8 of 16

This is still a very needed feature for Restaurants.  Any update on timing?

Message 9 of 16

Until this feature is added, can you have the Square Dashboard login screen have a keep me logged in button?

My team has to login using their email address and password everytime they want to login and that takes a ton of time since they need to check labor % 5 times an hour.

Message 10 of 16
Admin

@Fredmayne We can't share timelines here in the Community but as soon as we have any news on this request and we update this post you will be notified.

Some other sellers are using browser extensions to stay logged in to Dashboard though I'm not sure if they will also work on an iPad. I'll keep an eye out for any extensions that you can use with an iPad.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 11 of 16

Helen, this seems like such an easy fix.  I am shocked at how long items take in developement here at Square.

This could be done in 1 hour since it already exists on the back of house.

Very disappointed.

Message 12 of 16

Any update on this? 

Message 13 of 16

We really need this feature...

Message 14 of 16

Did the reporting team ever fix this? I see this comment was made in 2018 and we are having the same issue. I feel its a MUST for any POS system to provide for a restaurant and surely some headway has been made in the last 3 years on it

Message 15 of 16
Beta Member

Where is this at? I cannot believe this hasn't been integrated. It also does not work with cash drawers. I would really appreciate an update on this? Is there an upvote system where the community can vote on which features get implemented first?

Message 16 of 16