x
Super Seller

New Online Order Tickets?

@Howard : Today the Online Orders screen saw an update as did the Tickets, is this how they’ll look from this point forth? 

If I’m giving my opinion, I don’t care for it. The customers name was the predominant line on each ticket, allowing the Ticket to be stapled to the customers bag for easy identification, now the phrase, Online Store is prominent with the customers name being the smallest. This has created more effort on our part as we now have to devote labor towards making sure each customer gets the correct order as the Tickets now all look the same! No bueno. 

I think this should be customizable somehow. No pickup customer gives a sh*t about the receipt number nor would they even know to look for it, they look by name and now it’s almost illegible. 

I still believe that the Tickets would be best laid out on top as:

NAME

PICKUP TIME/DATE

MOBILE NUMBER

May I ask, if an order is placed through say, DoorDash, would it read DoorDash instead of Online Store?

4681D564-6206-4492-8CF8-E3231CA65203.jpeg

Max Berkowitz | MAX’S DELI
Square Online Store
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

@MAXSDELI  Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback. 

I can confirm the the top line is for the order source. If you were using DoorDash or Caviar it would show up at the the top. The goal was to provide easy access for sellers providing deliver or pickup options through different companies. 

I understand if you are getting orders from one source this doesn't help. I will share this feedback with our team working on this migration.

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 6
Super Seller

If there were a way for us to modify it at the merchant level, that would be excellent.

Also, adding the customers phone number to the Ticket would be helpful. I know we’ve asked for this since the early days but it’s still needed. 

Square Online Store
Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

@Howard , is there any way to revert back to the legacy orders applet at this point? 

One overwhelming point of contention is the visual separation of Orders marked Ready. They used to be moved to the lower part of the screen thereby creating a visual separation between those that are completed and those that still require preparation. 

Now, they continue to be bunched all together with only a color-coded delineation to the right of the order until the order is marked “Picked Up” at which point, it disappears altogether. 

I’m left with the impression that third party order/delivery services were given priority when it came to the design of the applet. 

In addition, the change in Tickets has upended how we’ve implemented customer Pickups over the past 6 years, creating confusion at the counter. We have a dedicated Pickup rack where the customers can skip the line and simply find their order, with their name displayed prominently at the top of the ticket, and leave. Now, with the customers name in small print with Online Store and the receipt number displayed in bold print, it has created an extra layer of preparedness on our part to ensure that customers don’t grab the incorrect order. We’ve had to spend extra time writing the customers name above the Online Store moniker. 

I could dissect this for days but in the end, this is my feedback. 

Square Online Store
Message 4 of 6
Square

@MAXSDELI Hi, there! I'm sorry you're running into workflow issues with the orders update.  When we redesigned Order Manager, we interviewed several sellers like yourself for feedback, so I can assure you that the design was done with sellers like you in mind!  However, things always change when the product is live, so your candid feedback will help us evolve the product.

Also, I wanted to point out that when the order is "Marked as Picked Up," it will move to the Completed section/filter of the app.  You will be able to find it there.  

As always, thank you for trusting us with you business! 

Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

I’ve reserved an appointment with you tomorrow morning, thank you for reaching out to me.

I’d have gladly given feedback on the update of the Orders applet had I been invited to do so as we’ve been using the platform since it’s inception. 

Square Online Store
Message 6 of 6