x

Order Tickets not printing modifiers.

the order tickets that print in back/kitchen does not show a modifier. We set our condiment selections as a modiifer so they can add and remove items that are on a menu item (such as NO tomato, no Onion, or add onion or add tomato) but when it prints out in the kitchen the ticket does not show these modifiers under the item, are we doing something wrong? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Okay, that's kind of odd. Modifiers are usually tied to the item and will print along with the item. I'm assuming your item has the correct modifiers selected on your dashboard, too?

The only thing I can think of that may cause this would be if you have customized the modifier per item. When you're in the item on your Dashboard, you have the option to Customize the modifier. This is where you can determine how many mods are allowed, which is set as default, etc. One of the options there is to "Hide Modifiers from Customer." That *shouldn't* affect kitchen printer prints, but it's the only thing I see that could possibly be a factor here.

@katieand, @Helen, et al; any other ideas?

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 5

That sounds really weird @Saveryvegan

Could you share the steps you're using to ring up customers? Also have you checked that Order Tickets is enabled, rather than order ticket stubs? 

I'll keep an eye out for your reply! 🙂

Message 3 of 5

I'm adding to this thread to see if anyone has a solve - we have 1 modifier which isn't printing on any items to the kitchen. Everything else seems to be working normally, the item itself and other mods will print, but not this one modifier. I've made a different modifier with similar information to test, but would love to not have to delete my previous one and re-apply to all our items. 

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

This sounds like a good question for our Restaurants team, @leswvv

They can take a look at your account with you to help shine a light here, as they can look at your account alongside you to pinpoint what's going on with this particular modifier. You can give us a call at 855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday. If you call outside of these hours, you will be required to enter your Customer Code to validate your account.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5