x

NEW! Printing labels for drink orders

What is the best way to print order tickets using labels?  I'm setting up Square in a small coffee cafe at my church and would like to print drink orders tickets on a label to stick to the cups.  I see I can use the Star printer with Max stick paper... but it seems very expensive.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 189
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey y'all ! The wait is over... Single Item Printing is now LIVE in the Point of Sale app. 🥳️ 

Now you can print individual tickets for drink and/or food orders and their modifiers.  

Take it a step further with printing tickets on sticky labels! My friend @AprilMarie gives you the run down about label printer and sticky labels support for iOS devices here, and @Helen shares the details for label printer and sticky labels support for Android devices and Square Register here.

I hope this message finds you well! Let us know if you need further guidance.✌️ 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 148 of 189
188 REPLIES 188
Admin

Hi @gcoop5466 — welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up!

At this time we don't have a sticker paper friendly option built into the app, but I can certainly see how this would be helpful for your cafe (as well as many other businesses!). We're constantly working to improve our products based on seller feedback. Keep in touch!

If any other sellers have additional insight to share here, feel free to chime in! 📣

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 189

We just switched from Revel (terrible POS BTW and expensive!) to Square for use in our coffee shop cafe.  We love all of the features of Square but like others have lamented we really miss our drink cup label printer.  Revel used a Zebra LP2824 Plus to print drink labels and it worked great.  PLEASE SQUARE ADD THIS TO THE TOP OF YOUR DEVELOPMENT LIST.  ALL OF US COFFEE SHOPS DESPERATELY NEED A DRINK LABEL PRINTER.  Thank you for such a great product!

Message 3 of 189

I agree. This needs to be pushed to the top of the list. I spoke to someone recently with Square and they said this may be delayed till December 2020. If that’s the case, I’m unfortunately going to have to return my system and go with clover. 
which is a shame because we love Square. But The labels are important. 

Message 4 of 189

This response was almost two years ago.......has there been any developement on this? I am really needing the label printers for drinks.  I hope Square is taking it serious enough to make progress.

Message 5 of 189
Alumni

Hi @omascoffeeshop - No updates on this yet unfortunately. Have you been able to connect with other coffee shops on the community like you did in this thread? They seemed to have some great ideas for a work around. 

Message 6 of 189

Hi! Are there any releases or updates with this application? Opened up a sandwich shop and labels would be extremely helpful for knowing contents. 

Square please get on top of this! It's a real game changer 

Message 7 of 189
Admin

Thanks for checking in @mikeschicken, I don't have an update to share I'm afraid. I definitely see how it would help to create labels for contents/ingredients.

In the meantime, if you discover a good workaround I hope you'll come back and share it with the Seller Community! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 8 of 189

Any updates on drink labels?

Message 9 of 189

Any updates yet?

I am about to open tea shop

Message 10 of 189
Alumni

Hey @Tasocca - None to share at this time, unfortunately. If any changes are made, everyone in this thread will be alerted.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 11 of 189

Squar shuld add this function. 

I really love doing business with square and hate to change to other POS because of this issues 

thanks

Message 12 of 189

Hi there, 

I honestly think it is really a valid feature for SQ to add on for the seller users as we love the product but this can be a show stopper if it kills our efficiency during rush hours.  

Please advise if there's any update on this or if you guys even plan to have this enhancement sometimes soon.  Thank you!!

Message 13 of 189

I heard that you guy release the new sticker label option about couple weeks ago ( about time). I haven't try it yet. I think it called "print a ticket for each item" under "create printer station". Please let me know if you have success in this new feature.

Message 14 of 189
Beta Member

Negative @VenDT 

Square has not released this feature! “Fresh Technologies” has so if you’re using their fresh kds you’ll be able to use the print item feature. 
I’m currently using it and it works great!

Message 15 of 189

Sorry, Not in the current or the updated version. No tech in Square department Know about it yet. They are working on the BETA version as too many customers complaints of not having this feature. They are asking me to test this feature. (how do you attach a picture here?)

Message 16 of 189
Admin

@VenDT

Oh, I see - the Beta team is asking you to test this? 

If it's not a released feature yet, would you mind sending me a Direct message - just click on my profile and send me a message so we can discuss this a bit further?

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 17 of 189
Admin

@VenDT

Hi there! Welcome to the Seller Community! Glad to have you here, and thank you so much for the question.

@ThatPitaGuy Is correct- out integration with Fresh KDS is how you can create these labels now.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 18 of 189

Looks like it's been almost 3 years, any progress from the developers?  Should be plenty of time to have figured this out.  Unless Square thinks it's not worth the time and effort to work on this?

Message 19 of 189
Admin

Thanks so much for checking in @bruswain. Our developers take every feature request and use many different factors to prioritize. I'm very sorry that this feature not being available has caused frustration. This Community post explains a bit more in depth how we handle the many feature requests we receive.

Thanks again for your continued patience with this specific request.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 20 of 189

thanks, but it's been 3 years.  It would be great to get some feedback as to whether this request is denied, being considered, or being worked on.

Message 21 of 189