x
Beta Member

Restaurant Help - Software is automatically entering multiple modifiers

Scenario:

We have a .75c wing night.  When this is rung up in Restaurant, we click on our item -  .75c wings -  and then increase the number of wings by the amount they order.  This part works perfectly. 

The part that has me frustrated is when we add the dipping sauce modifier.  If a customer orders 10 wings, and we add a "blue cheese" modifier... the software automatically adds 10 orders of blue cheese to the ticket, and charges for the additional nine orders of blue cheese side.

Ticket should be:

10 x .75c wings = 7.50

1 - blue cheese = 0.00

Instead it is:

10 x 75c wings = 7.50

10 x blue cheese = 2.25 (first sauce is free... additional are .25 each)

This happens on our another loss lead night - $2 burgers.

Customer wants three $2 burgers in a basket with one order of fries.  The software automatically adds 3 orders of fries to the ticket.

I can get around this by adding the sauces or fries basket as a separate item, but then when the order ticket prints in the kitchen the cook doesn't know where the "fries" or the "sauce" go.  

Anyone have a similar thing... work around?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

That's a very unique use of the modifiers @lovemychaos

Unfortunately, modifiers are mean to be applied on a per-item basis. Since each wing is an individual item, the modifiers would follow the number of items you add. 

One workaround I can think of would be to create bundle items (e.g. 5 wings or 10 wings as a single item) that you could apply a single modifier to. 

Would that work for you?

Message 2 of 2