x

Setting up Coffee Drink Size and Add-Ons. (Or how to use Item, Variant and Modifiers)

We have a House with pricing such as:

ITEM

Cafe Latte

VARIANTS

Regular: $2

Large: $2.50

MODIFIERS

Extra Shot: $0.50

Flavor: $.50

Almond Milk: $0.25 for Regular, $0.50 for Large

Soy Milk: $0.25 for Regular, $0.50 for Large

Notice how the price of the Extra Shot or Flavor is the same for both sizes, but that the Almond or Soy Milk increases in price for a Large.

My first thought was to make a "Cafe Latte" Item with a Regular and Large Variant. And then have the Extra Shot, Flavor and Almond Milk as Modifiers. However, how can I get the Almond Milk modifier pricing to change accourding to the Size? So that the Modifier Pricing is conditional on the Variant?

What is the best method to achieve this pricing model? I am most concerned about the simplicity for the order takers

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

You could go at it slightly differently and have it be "cafe latte Small" and "cafe latte Large" as the item and then apply different modifier sets to each item, therefore, each having a different price.

Message 2 of 5

I have thought of that, but it would be at least doubling the menu size. 

Message 3 of 5
Alumni

Hey @leejoramo - Besides @VanKalkerFarms' suggestion, there isn't a way to make the prices conditional to the sizes at this time. 😕 I definitely see how this could offer the simplicity you seek so we will make sure to pass on your feedback to our Product Team.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 4 of 5

Hello I would also like to add, the square app does not allow us to keep track of each size cup. Example, I use my 12oz cup for numerous items like coffee, hot cocoa and fountain drink but I can not set up where the size of cup comes out of inventory unless I use a modifier which I don't want to because then I don't know how much coffee and hot cocoa I am selling. I would like to see a way to add inventory to modifiers or be able to select a certain inventory for a specific item. Hope this makes sense, thank you.

Message 5 of 5