x

So many issues with Square for Restaurants ...

For starters, it feels like Square took a *very* simple and easy-to-use system, and instead of just adding features, chose instead to change a majority of the interface & actions, adding layer-upon-layer of complication.

Actions that should be simple require three, four, or more "touches", navigating through a maze of menus. Few things are intuitive. We have been HUGE FANS of Square for years, and we are seriously thinking of jumping ship over this. 

An example:  re-ordering or changing coursing information in an open ticket is a total pain.  (We used course separators in Square POS, and never had an issue. It worked fine.)

Another:  we were told we could easily split checks by selection of seats ... but if that is possible we can't figure out how. The splitting feature is no better (perhaps worse) than it was in Square POS

My staff is very disappointed in SfR. Really hoping someone from Square is interested enough to help, train us in some of these procedures, and perhaps show us the value in keeping it. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

@notpaul

We looped in our Product Team so we could get a bit more information for you and more so provide some support, below are some specifics from the Product Team.

It does sound like you have made your categories into menus. This may be causing a lot of clicking back and forth, and we'd recommend using the display groups to consolidate groups to a single menu.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6424

You should also check your service settings - navigate to Points of Sale > Service Settings > Menu Behavior. This allows you to change whether the menu goes back to the main menu page or stays within a display group after adding an item.

For reordering courses - if you click “edit items” in the upper right hand corner of a ticket, and click and hold the three grey lines, you can drag and drop items to reorder the ticket. Additionally, if they select a single item > move > you can select a new course to move it to.

In terms of splitting by seats - no, that isn’t something that you can do in Restaurants at this time. This is a Feature Request that we are working on and aware of. Otherwise the split functionality is the same as splitting a ticket.

We would suggest getting in touch with our Square Restaurants team to have them walk through the product with you, and hopefully make the expereince a bit more smooth. We have a dedicated team of individuals who will help you with this: squ.re/contact

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 2 of 4

Worse system ever!  Very user Unfriendly and the Install and sales team are actually hostile if you have a complaint.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello @rigazz,

Thank you for reaching out and letting us know.  I hate to hear you feel like you are not able to reach out to support and have your voice heard. I am certainly happy to help. Please reach back out and let me know. 

Message 4 of 4