x

Square Loyalty - Reporting and Setup Questions

How are we to know if the loyalty is paying off if we can only track rewards earned or stars earned? Where is the 'rewards redeemed' tracking device? I'd like to be able to have a report where I can see how much free stuff I've given out. Seems pretty likely that all of us would need that to gauge the effectiveness/make sure we are not going broke.

Struggling with the loyalty program in general. Not sure how to manually add stars to reciepts that somehow square didn't ask if they wanted stars at the time of checkout. I see others talking about doing this manually, but I need some pointers on that as well. 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @omascoffeeshop and @octopuscoffee2, thanks for reaching out. Happy to help with getting set up!

• Regarding your first question, you should be able to view Rewards Issued vs. Rewards Redeemed by heading over to your Loyalty tab.

Hope these resources get you in the right direction! If you have any other questions or something isn't working quite right, please let us know.🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

I would like that report also.  And how do I redeem a customer's reward?  I have tried every which way and can't seem to get it to work.  I hope someone can tell us!

Message 2 of 9
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @omascoffeeshop and @octopuscoffee2, thanks for reaching out. Happy to help with getting set up!

• Regarding your first question, you should be able to view Rewards Issued vs. Rewards Redeemed by heading over to your Loyalty tab.

Hope these resources get you in the right direction! If you have any other questions or something isn't working quite right, please let us know.🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for your answer. When I head to the loyalty tab I see 'rewards issued vs redeemed' but that isn't detailed enough for me to use. Knowing that I've redeemed 45 rewards is great, but were they Milkshakes? Panini? Baked goods? What is ringing their bell? How can I shape these campaigns for more impact? 

I don't understand why the (I can't flip over to see, so maybe I'm remembering the name of the button incorrectly) 'show more' button has a drop down menu (of information I don't really care about) when the rewards issued button does not. 

Thanks again for your help! 

Message 4 of 9

Hey @octopuscoffee2

This is a great suggestion! Currently we do not have this ability, but I can see how this information could be valuable. I will make sure to share this feedback with our product team. 😀

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions or feedback! 

Message 5 of 9

My customers are not receiving any email or text messages to sign up or redeem any stars. I can add them manually but that’s not how it’s supposed to

work. How do it get it to work right. 

Message 6 of 9

When you ring their purchase up you ask if they want to join, go to "customer" and then "create customer"  They sign up there.  depending if they use phone number or email, they should receive a receipt with each purchase as long as you add them to that purchase by "adding customer" or if they use the same credit card each time it will link to that card and send a receipt.  They will receive a star each qualifying purchase and a "reward" when one has been received.

Hope this helps!

Message 7 of 9

@Tom I am not seeing the specific report "Rewards issued vs. Redeemed"  I did click on they loyalty tab.  I see other reports but not this.  I am seasonal.  Is there a report that will tell me how many customers have not used their reward yet and their names?

Message 8 of 9
Admin

Hey @Shanas3! I'm swooping in for Tom on this one.

"Rewards Issued vs. Rewards Redeemed" was a report option that we used to have on the Dashboard.

You're still able to see when customers are nearing a reward, but it's a different path to take to get there. You can export the Loyalty points which gives you the customers' phone numbers and the points associated with the number. You can then look at the customers reward points and do the math as to who has a reward outstanding based on their total points.

Now I know this is definitely not an ideal way to get to this information and is very time consuming. Our Product team is aware of this as well. So if anything changes on our end and it becomes easier to pull this information, we'll let you know.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 9 of 9