x
Beta Member

Square register improvement scheduled?

Is square going to improve the register interface to be more restaurant friendly,  or did I get duped into an $800 square POS with a customer display (yay me)?  It would be nice to have actual drop down menus instead of the clunky/ridiculous scrolling modifiers lists.  I love the altered processing fees for the same garbage you get for free.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Thanks for the reply, but the point I was making is the amazing support people on the phone sold me the AMAZING square register system.  It's a bloated proprietary register system that functions as the free POS system with no enhancements to the actual interface.  I realize that I COULD have gotten the square for restaurants for $60 per month with the purchase of an IPad (I was currently using an Android tablet).  I guess I feel duped by the support/sales team at Square.  I do have the money back guarantee, so we'll see what happens.  I just don't like the classic POS interface for restaurant/food truck use.

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

yup, that is why they created a POS from the ground up for restaurants.  Free Square POS is more of a general Retail POS which works very well for our greenhouse and most retail stores.

Message 4 of 4