x

Stop Employees Changing Other Employees Tips

How can I give an employee permission to change ONLY THEIR OWN TIPS?  The Square for Restaurant app allows ANY employee who can change tips to change EVERY OTHER EMPLOYEE's tips!  Seriously!?

We are a busy place and need servers to change their own tips.  SFR (square for rest.) allows them to change everyone else's tips too.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @HighGrainBrew, thanks for bringing this up and sorry to keep you waiting!

We ran your post by our Restaurants folks and the ability to allow an employee to change only their own tips is controlled by employee permissions. If you do not have the permission “settle all payments awaiting tips” checked, the employee will only see and be able to add tips to transactions that they own. If that permission is checked, they’ll have the ability to save/settle tips for all payments.

Hope this helps clear things up. Please let us know if you have any further questions. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 4

My team is having a challenge keeping transactions awaiting tip separate and associated with the team member who will be inputting the tip.  We tried team management and it doesn’t seem to help except from a sales reporting standpoint but still doesn’t help with transactions sitting in queue awaiting tip for anyone to settle.   Unfortunately searching by the 4 alpha numeric receipt number (it would be great if this could be all numeric) is not practical during high volume times and often the tips are entered later since we are using sign and printed receipts.  Any thoughts here would be helpful.  It would be ideal if a team member logged in can only see and settle their transactions awaiting tip for our use case.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

@Benchmark I moved your post here so you can take a look at Tom's answer above. Hoping this helps clear things up, but please let me know if not!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 4