x

How do you select a table with Square?

How do you select a table with the Square app? Do I need a separate app for this? I'm just in the learning stage.

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Update: Square for Restaurants has table management/floor plan features! Check out our Support Center to get started with Square for Restaurants with Square for Restaurants or learn how to build your floor plan if you've already subscribed.

Note: 

Square for Restaurants Free is available on both iPad and Square Register. Square for Restaurants Plus features are only available on iPads at this timeFor more details about Square for Restaurants visit our Support Center.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square

Best Answer

Update: Square for Restaurants has table management/floor plan features! Check out our Support Center to get started with Square for Restaurants with Square for Restaurants or learn how to build your floor plan if you've already subscribed.

Note: 

Square for Restaurants Free is available on both iPad and Square Register. Square for Restaurants Plus features are only available on iPads at this timeFor more details about Square for Restaurants visit our Support Center.

Message 2 of 10
Beta Member

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How do I manually enter a 'table number' on an order?

I run a small tea cafe. When a customer orders I provide them with a "table number" card holder with a number. How do I manually enter this number into their order so my staff knows what number to look for when the order is ready. Thanks.

Message 3 of 10
Admin

@scottlyttle530 I've merged your post in to this thread where other sellers asked a similar question. I hope one of these options is helpful! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 10

Hi! Did you find a workaround for this? I am currently having the same problem. We just got Square and I'm amazed it looks like there is no way to add a note to the overall order, which is how we usually add the number and customer name.  😞

Message 5 of 10

I have a location that does table service, but I can't see how to get a Table # on a ticket.  I'm actually seeing 'Table #' in some of the demo examples.  Any way to do this? 

Thanks.

Message 6 of 10
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “Tables? Says Table # in demos but can't find how to set this”

I'm sorry for the confusion @dandenson but there isn't a way to manage tables with Square at this time. I'll share your interest in this with the appropriate team and if this feature does become available in future we'll update this thread. 

In the meantime, as Spenser mentions above you could use Open Tickets to manage checks and you can change the name of a ticket to include a table number. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 7 of 10

We use the TouchBistro application as my primary POS software at my full service restaurant.  However we process payments via Square as our payment processor.  TouchBistro integrates very well with Square and both have a well known partnership.  Please see the below link.  Hope this is helpful!

https://www.touchbistro.com/partner/square/

Message 8 of 10

I would also like to see the option to add a number to tickets without having to save the ticket and going back to the ticket and take a payment. We send a number with our customers to their table so that our server can know which order goes with which table. Please consider adding this feature as an option to our square register. 

Message 9 of 10
Beta Member

Hi my business uses the standard square pos we didn't like square restaurant for what we need but the workaround we ended up using is creating a catogory called tables then adding each table as an item with a 0 price so that the bill/receipt has an item saying table x its a bit faffy but works for what we need till square add an option to just type a number 

Message 10 of 10