x

Time of Day Limiting Items available online

When running an online store is there a way to limit items to certain day parts?  Biscuits only on breakfast? Special of the day 11-3 etc?  

And for the community, what are you all doing for this if you have a workaround?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

I also would like to limit availability of several items to weekdays only and some to certain time slots only.

At the moment, we have to manually turn off some items.  It is a hassle to turn items off and on, but it is our only option that i am aware of.

We have for example soups which are not available until 11 am on weekdays.  I have an alarm on my phone to remind me to turn them on and off each day.  We also have a weekday lunch special which we turn off on saturdays.

Message 2 of 5
Alumni

Have you guys tried Time Based Categories? Allows you to offer certain items at certain times of the day. Think brunch or happy hour. 

@Donnieriverview @Mayasand

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 5

@JustinC 

Unfortunately, the time based categories are only available when in the “Order Online (Restaurant features)” display style.  We do not care for this display type and much prefer the look of the “Shop All (Retail features)” display layout.

I have asked previously why certain features are only available under certain conditions.  It still greatly puzzles me the reasoning behind this approach.

Message 4 of 5
Alumni

Ah, sorry about that. Hopefully we can bring TBC to the Shop All template in the near future. @Mayasand

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5