x

Feature Request: Limit the quantity of an item a customer can purchase on my Square Online website

Feature Request: Limit the quantity of an item a customer can purchase on my Square Online website

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How do I Limit the Quantity A Customer Can Purchase of an Item?

I have a very limited number inventory on an item in my online store. Is there a way to limit the number a customer can purchase in a single transaction? Example: "Limit 4 per Customer".

Thanks!

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How do I Limit the Quantity A Customer Can Purchase of an Item?

This is not available at this time but a great Feature that would be.  

201 Comments
Square Community Moderator

Hello @NFL-  I have moved your post here where other sellers asked the same question. Take a look @JustinC best answer. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Another Square user here that needs this feature!
We run a popular restaurant with pop up style events and we sell out fast. We NEED to limit the ability to purchase 4-5-10 of an item when we only have 50 to sell...

Is anyone at Square listening?

I see SHOPIFY offers this feature...

Beta Member

Hi. This is easy to do with our Mobile Apps and Kiosks. We're also finishing up a free, custom Square Website so we can load all the features that people need into it instantly.

Can you share a link or DM us your website link? I'd like to take a look. 

Thanks,

Ken

Hi,

I'm running a pizza business using square online and want to limit the amount of pizzas we sell per order, but not the amount of dips/sides.

Is there a way that I can do this? I am unable to find it but it would be extremely useful if it was possible.

Thank you 🙂

Admin

Hi @pizzajockeys, thanks for your post! At the moment, there isn't way to set limit for a particular item only. I had a play around with this and I'm not sure there's a way that will do exactly what you need but here's a potential workaround. 

Right now, you can set a quantity limit for pickup or delivery orders under Square Dashboard > Online > Settings > Pickup & Delivery > Advanced Settings. This mean you can make it so customers can only order 2 pizzas per order for example. 

Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 14.28.57.png

Since you still want customers to order sides and dips, you can make them into modifiers.

Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 14.15.49.png

Customers will then be able to tick whichever sides or dips they want at checkout. One thing to note, they won't be able to increase the number of sides or dips, they will only be able to select each once. 

Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 14.31.10.png

This looks to be a futile request and seems absurd that Square has neglected a quantity limit function for almost an entire year into a global pandemic. Shame on you Square. 

Is this feature getting any traction yet?

We are considering leaving square for shopify while it's slow. This seems to be the perfect time to do so.

Would love this option as well just so when I offer a sale one person does not buy everything leaving the others wanting! Please offer!

Until Square adds this option my solution I am implementing for limiting quantity a client can purchase is I note the limit in the heading the main product name. For instance AGHair Litre   "Limit of 1 per customer  / per order" and if they buy more than what is noted--I refund the extra after letting them know. Most (but not all) clients read and abide :0)

Beta Member

Why hasn't this been added yet?