x

Make a modifier unavailable

We sell pizza's and therefore there is alot of modifiers as extra toppings.

If we run out of salami on a busy night I have no way to take it off for the evening. Removing them and then re adding it at the start of the next shift is alot of admin. 

I also use deliverect to bring all my order channels into the square KDS normally i'd just "snooze" a modifier using their system for 4,6 or 12hrs but this only works for deliveroo, uber or hungrrr. Despite Square being the primary source for deliverect to synch its products and to send orders to the KDS square online's product availability doesn't receive "snooze" requests from deliverect. This means that I have to make Items unavailable separately and that I can't make modifiers unavailable at all. All of this means that square online and also, although I haven't tested it, square self order becomes unmanageable.

Additionally on this because deliverect syncs its products from square If I do use the very laborious delete and re add method then it throws all of my synchronisations with the other order channels and I end up not receiving orders to my KDS.

Please someone have a proper work around for this.

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Knead, welcome to the Seller Community! 

At the moment, modifiers aren't linked to your inventory, so there isn't a way to make them out of stock like a standard item. But I can definitely see why this would be useful for you and your business. I'll make sure to pass your comments over to our product team. Hopefully, they will be able to implement something like this in the future. 

A possible workaround you could try would be using Variations instead. When you use Variations, your stock will deduct from your stock and wouldn't show once it's sold out. 

Additionally, if you are using Square Online, you can hide modifiers from within your Square Online Overview page:

1. Go to the item in the edit item menu.
  2. Scroll down to the modifiers and click on the three dots to the right of the modifier. Click Customize.
  3. In the modifier settings menu, you'll see the option to Hide choices and select defaults, as per the screenshot below. From there, you can select which modifiers can be hidden from your website if they are sold out.  

Screenshot 2022-06-14 at 17.14.33.png

I hope this will help. Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you!

Message 2 of 4

Hi Skyler

Thanks for the response. I've had a little look over and tested the ideas. Unfortunately both of these options are item specific. That means if i run out of pepperoni I will have to go through each pizza on our menu and make them unavailable or hidden one by one which is more laborious than deleting the modifier and re-adding it.

I really need to find a practical work around for this. It seems crazy that Deliverect gets its data from Square and has the functionality to snooze modifiers to every other channel that uses squares data but not to its original source of data.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for coming back to me @Knead. Sorry to hear that the proposed workarounds won't work for your business. We understand how important it is to provide features that make it easier to run and develop to help your business. 

I'll make sure to pass your feedback on to our product team, as I can see that this is important to you. In the meantime, you can read up on Feature Requests work with Square. 

Message 4 of 4