x
Beta Member

SMS reminder for pizza pickup?

Hi

Is there a way to send customers a reminder text message with their click and collect time?  Our customers are ordering their Saturday pizza a couple of days in advance and it would be helpful to send a text on Saturday morning to remind them of their pickup time.  I see I can do this with appointments, but what about just with the regular pickup option?

thanks

Christina

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hi @dapao_takeaway, thank you for reaching out!

At the moment, there's a feature to send a reminder text for click & collect orders. However, if you have enabled the option to allow customer to get text alerts for orders and the customer has provided their phone number, the system will send out a SMS with an order tracking page.

Every time you change the status of the order (from New > In Progress > Read > Complete), it'll send out a SMS alert and update on the tracking page. Please note that at the moment, you'd need to change the status from the Online Store dashboard as seen below for the text alert to send out.

ink (98).png

I hope this will help!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Hi Tra

Thank you - that’s helpful.  I will only start selling in December, so I don’t have anything in orders (so I can’t see the screen you shared, but assume I’ll be able to when I have my first order).

I thought you had to get the customer’s phone number though - when they click through to the checkout page it automatically asks for their email address and phone number.  is there a way to turn the email address off (I’d like to keep the phone number to do this reminder)

thanks!

Christina

Message 3 of 3