x

Setting up discount problems

Hi, I've  been trying to set up a discount on my store. I have a single product for a sale price at £6 but want to offer 2 for £10. I tried setting it up but it wouldn't. work. 

Message 1 of 6
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

@LittleDragon You could set the item cost to zero but have a modifier with two options, Buy One @ £6 and Buy Two @ £10.  Set the modifier to minimum 1 and maximum 1 so they have to choose and set the Buy One as default so it will show £6

2F6A6D1D-F436-4D6C-A6F0-F3F539855E84.png

https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hi @LittleDragon, thanks for reaching out! I'll be happy to help with this - can you let me know if you are trying to create the discount from your Square Dashboard or for your Online site? 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 6

Hi, square dashboard. 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

Regards 

Peter 

Message 3 of 6

Its for my online site? 

Message 4 of 6
Admin

Thanks for letting me know! At the moment, discounts do not sync between Square and the Online site. If you want to offer a discount on your site, you'd need to create a coupon code. Coupon codes can be applied to all orders, orders over a certain amount or specific items.

From looking on our end, I don't think the coupon can be for the type of bundle discount that you are looking to setup. In this case, a workaround would be to perhaps create a secondary variation for the item called 2 for £10 and set the price accordingly. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

Best Answer

@LittleDragon You could set the item cost to zero but have a modifier with two options, Buy One @ £6 and Buy Two @ £10.  Set the modifier to minimum 1 and maximum 1 so they have to choose and set the Buy One as default so it will show £6

2F6A6D1D-F436-4D6C-A6F0-F3F539855E84.png

https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site
Message 6 of 6