x

Square as a bar epos unit

We currently use square for our online shop with woo commerce. We’re thinking of switching our downstairs bar epos unit over to square also, but we need to know that we can switch items in and out of the screen via back office. i.e., we sell draught beer, which changes weekly, so we don’t want a continually growing list of beers on the front screen. Is this possible?

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Square as a bar epos unit

Using the Square POS on a tablet you can change the screen grid/layout as you see fit (with all the items being available in the menu breakdown). 

If you’re using more than one till point then it would have to be done on each tablet (pain in the bum).

As an alternative you could use the Square Restaurants app that will let you set up & change menus in the online dashboard & these will automatically sync across your devices. 

I’d give each a quick test & see what you thing - as in the end only you can really decide if it’ll work for you. Both the apps are pretty versatile, though they do have some quirks. 

1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Using the Square POS on a tablet you can change the screen grid/layout as you see fit (with all the items being available in the menu breakdown). 

If you’re using more than one till point then it would have to be done on each tablet (pain in the bum).

As an alternative you could use the Square Restaurants app that will let you set up & change menus in the online dashboard & these will automatically sync across your devices. 

I’d give each a quick test & see what you thing - as in the end only you can really decide if it’ll work for you. Both the apps are pretty versatile, though they do have some quirks. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content