x

referal program for costomers

Hello,

I am interested in setting up a referral program for my customers. Specifically, I would like to offer special discounts or free food to both the customer who refers a friend to our loyalty program and the friend who joins as a result of the referral. Can you provide me with some guidance on how to implement such a program?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Kamran! Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community!

We don't currently have a function that supports creating a referral program for your customers. I think it's a great idea though and can see why it would be useful for you and your business.  I'll be sure to pass your feedback on to our product teams for further visibility. 

Although his feature isn't available, we'll also be sure to update this thread if we hear of any changes to this feature. 

Let me know if you need anything else!

Message 2 of 3

This has been a HUGE topic since 2017 over on the US forums. I have been searching high and low for a solution.
I say this in the nicest way possible, but why is it square can implement new useless or paid features and put out new hardware all the time, but aren't take on board valuable feedback for something a LOT of people have clearly been asking for for the last 5 years. Even if its just a way to integrate with an existing app like smile.io.

It seems like a lot of people have been moving from square to places such as wix, squarespace or shopify due to the lack of functionality, customisation and integration provided by square.
One thing I have noticed as well is that although square loyalty exists, it starts at ยฃ25p/m and there is no basic free version that we can use! This is outrageous when other providers such as wix offer free versions of loyalty systems (again smile.io being one of then) and there are loads of free basic loyalty apps that can be integrated with shopify, or better loyalty systems that start at a lot lower pricing! (I personally use one on another website built with shopify that offers full functionality, but only costs me ยฃ4.00 a month and is amazing!) This is just ANOTHER scam/expense on top of monthly website fees, appointment system fees if you use appointments or other expenses. Its also such a basic system having looked at it, and is definitely not worth ยฃ25.00p/m. Especially if I can just pay ยฃ4.00 p/m for a better system with shopify. This is no good to anyone starting out or has low sale volumes, so doesn't help new customers build loyalty at all! Then they have the audacity to say that the monthly price increases based on returning customer sales!? THERE ARE SO MANY ALTERNATIVES OUT THERE! PLEASE READERS AVOID SQUARE LOYALTY!!

The only reason I am using square is for the free version of the appointments system. As soon as I am bringing more clients in the door, I am already planning on moving away to a more advanced, paid system, unless square can offer more value for money with plan prices for both website and appointments, as well as offer more functionality.

Again, I say that in the nicest way possible, but as a user, I feel like we are all being ignored and this is just the tip of the iceberg!.

Please square, please create a referral program and free version of the loyalty program for our customers so that we can build more loyalty and customers, again, even if it is just with an integration which a third party app like smile.io.  

Message 3 of 3