x

Best Practice for Merging Businesses

We have a food truck business and are merging our restaurant with the food truck.  Is it best to keep the two separate accounts on two devices or create a new location within one account? TIA!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@hatchkitchen I prefer having 1 account with multiple locations. It really simplifies pulling reports and sharing catalog items.  Square does an excellent job of separating the locations and you can even have separate websites.  But if you have 2 different accounts, you will have a tough time combining those if you choose to do so in the future.  We run separate p&l's for our locations and have no problem with the reporting and tax forms.

If you are combing 2 business, unless your tax professional or accountant says different, I would adopt the food truck with the restaurant account unless there is a different reason.  If you are basically making this a new venture, then a new account is not a bad thing, but if you have a good payment history, it is probably best to keep your most mature square account.  This may make it easier for square capital loans for you in the future if you need them.

Just my 2c.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 2