x
Beta Member

Limited Time/Holiday Menu Workarounds?

Hello All!

We are a bakery and with all the holidays coming, I am again worried about how to manage holiday menus. An example:

Our Thanksgiving items are only available for pickup Nov 19-24. So, I cannot put them on my normal online store because there is no way for me to restrict ordering dates.  If we didn't have hundreds of orders each holiday, I would just keep an eye on the dates being selected, but that is impossible when we have so many other things happening.

For the past few years, I have used a different platform completely (squarespace) for holiday/limited-time menus. It has been very frustrating to manage the different systems. That system does not allow me to restrict dates either, but I have at least found a workaround.

Has anyone come up with a good solution?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

I don't have a "good" solution but what we do is have an item for each day that is available to preorder, so like 11/23 - Pecan pie and 11/24- Pecan pie. 

each set of items is in a category with that date so the customer comes to your site, selects the date, and then is presented with the items for that date.

I'll PM you a link to our site so it might be easier to see and understand.  It's not completely done right now. We used it last year without any major events for around 400 orders in total.

Also, we only use it for preorders we do not take online orders thru Square otherwise (just grubhub, uber, etc)

Message 2 of 6

If you could share the website with me/more broadly that would be super helpful. This sounds like it could be a workaround that may work for me.

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

https://risen-roll-cedar-lake.square.site/

It's not complete as It requires a complete reset between holiday pre-orders and just getting it ready to go for thanksgiving.

Message 4 of 6

Thanks for sharing, that is really helpful to see!

Message 5 of 6

hello,

I use it for holiday orders only. I use the Square inline site and use Featured Items only. Under each item they have to pick a [particular pick up date that I have chosen. I use the modifiers... that way they have to pick a certain day for the order to go through.

https://drive-bypies.square.site

Message 6 of 6