x

Online orders and KDS

Can any one share with me how their online orders show up on their KDS? I haven't found a way to test it. I operate a food truck and have only had in-person ordering in the past. I would like to be able to add online and/or QR ordering for when I am at wineries or breweries so customers don't have to wait inline but could be enjoying their drinks inside. Will the online or QR orders show on the KDS just like the in-person orders? I don't want to have two different tabs to find the orders. Just want to be able to see them as they come in - no matter if they ordered in person or online.

Any help appreciated to understand this work flow. At this point it seems too complicated to set up locations, and times to activate the online ordering and then if they don't show up in order on the KDS I have the potential for upset customers.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hello @clkirk !

Sq KDS has a setting to accept online orders. As long as that setting is enabled, online orders will show just like in person orders. The ticket name will be the persons name. If your online store uses items from different categories than your in person sales, make sure those categories are enabled as well. 

I have my KDS set in rail mode and all tickets show in order received for my expo screen. I donโ€™t have prep screens right now, but Iโ€™d assume that the online tickets would show the same there. 

Actually, itโ€™s been my experience that the KDS is more stable than printed orders. There have been times my stand that accepts online orders wasnโ€™t printing but the KDS still showed inbound ordersโ€”the bonus of Square sending orders to the screen versus a tablet/register doing it. 

hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2