x
Admin

Pumpkin Spice: Love it or Loathe it? ๐ŸŽƒ

Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL) โ€˜seasonโ€™ is here. Actually, itโ€™s been here since August apparently ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ!

And according to the Town Square blog, itโ€™s not the only pumpkin-spiced treat on the menu. Everything from candles to candy floss are available in pumpkin-spice flavor.

Whatโ€™s your experience with pumpkin-spiced items this year? Do you have a pumpkin-spice latte or treat on the menu? Do your customers love it? Do you like pumpkin spice?
Credit: https://www.instagram.com/ttmillustration/Credit: https://www.instagram.com/ttmillustration/Let us know by replying to this thread. Images and menu link to your festive treats are welcome! 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Super Seller

I know it's become a sort of cliche item but I still love it! I think it's because I love the fall season here so it gets me in a happy mood. 

Luke Nieuwland
Owner/Operator
https://www.whiskyrun.com/
Co-Founder
https://birrdi.com/
Co-Founder
https://www.lakeeffect.ca/
Message 2 of 20

Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ginger, Allspice and Cloves....

These are spices I use year round in a variety of dishes so... 1 could say I get my "fix" 12 months out of the year!!

Message 3 of 20
Admin

I associate allspice with Christmas but I think it should be used year-round! 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 4 of 20
Super Seller

Iโ€™ve been open for over 4 years and I had this idea since the first fall of my opening of my Greek restaurant, but didnt act on it till a couple of years ago. 
We make our own Baklava and I started making Pumpkin Pie Baklava. We begin offering it around the same time that Starbucks offers their PSL, last week of August through the end of November. Iโ€™m blown away on how popular it has become and how it hasnt slowed down our regular Baklava sales at all! Many times guests are buying both at the same time  ๐ŸŽƒ

Feta Whisperer [ insta: 86feta ] [ fb: greekbelly ]
Message 5 of 20
Admin

@makedonas That looks beyond amazing - I'm so jealous I can't have some, lol! And I'm officially obsessed with the idea of pumpkin pie baklava now! ๐Ÿ˜

Elisabeth (she/they)
Join a Group to connect with other business owners like you!
Message 6 of 20
Admin

Same x 100, that Baklava looks incredible @makedonas!

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 7 of 20
Super Seller

Thx!

Feta Whisperer [ insta: 86feta ] [ fb: greekbelly ]
Message 8 of 20
Super Seller

What an amazing idea! I love this!!

Michelle Savage
Co-Founder & President
Savage Goods | @savagegoods | savagegoods.com
Message 9 of 20
Super Seller

haha. I don't personally like it but I love hearing about how other people look forward to it and enjoy it. To me it's almost become another signal that Fall is here! And Fall is my favorite season. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Message 10 of 20
Admin

I ๐Ÿ’› this time of year too! ๐Ÿ‚

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 11 of 20
Super Seller

I'm with @LukeNieuw -- it's become cliche, but I also love it! I feel like it's the kickoff of a super fun season of celebration and coziness -- my absolute favorite time of year at the cafe! We hold off a little longer than Starbucks (partly because it's 90+ degrees until late October here in El Paso) and always launch the first weekend of October. We do a slight variation, offering a Pumpkin Pie Latte, with housemade syrup made by our bakers. We also do Pumpkin Pie donuts with the same flavoring (literally tastes like pumpkin pie in frosting form!), Pumpkin Bread (my personal favorite), and Pumpkin Donut Holes. Sometimes it feels like a little overkill, but everyone loves it, so we go all in. Such a wonderful time of year! 

IMG_7668.jpg

IMG_7706.jpg

โ€ƒ

IMG_7737.jpg

โ€ƒโ€ƒ

Michelle Savage
Co-Founder & President
Message 12 of 20
Admin

Thank you for sharing these photos - I think those treats look pretty great no matter what the weather! Iced pumpkin spiced latte anyone?

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 13 of 20
Super Seller

Ooooh, yes!

Michelle Savage
Co-Founder & President
Message 14 of 20
Super Seller

We have pumpkin everything right now at the bakery. Pumpkin Chai Spice Cupcakes, Mini pumpkin crunch muffins, pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies and a pumpkin snickerdoodle cookie sandwich. We just finalized our house made pumpkin spice sauce for PSL. 

@Lovewell just had some AMAZING pumpkin photos of their drinks. They have been knocking it out of the park! 

Ali Kenis

Sugar Lab Bakeshop

Follow me on Instagram

Celebrating Since 2012
Message 15 of 20
Super Seller

We try not to release pumpkin in Septemeber. We want to be true to the season and so many people are pumpkin crazies that we try to stay in our own lane and wait until October. Makes our customers crazy but I also think they secretly enjoy the anticipation! We also don't call our pumpkin drinks "pumpkin spice anything" We have the "Oh My Gourd Chai" and "The Patch Latte".

The syrup we are using this year is more of a pumpkin butternut squash blend that is oh so creamy goodness! We had to wait for pumpkin season to actually be in harvest so the company could make their syrups!

I will say we have been enjoying seeing @sugarlab and @mksavage pumpkin goodies all over instagram! Keep up the amazing work!! excited to see what you have planned for winter!!

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

https://www.lovewellteaandcoffee.com/
Message 16 of 20
Super Seller

@Lovewell, I love that you call it the "Oh My Gourd Chai" -- so cute! All of your fall decor has been so cozy and delightful too.

Also, just started following @sugarlab -- your cookies look amazing! I am so inspired by this community and really want to plan a national tour of everyone's stores and restaurants! (And maybe a UK version to go see our seller friends there too!)

Michelle Savage
Co-Founder & President
Message 17 of 20
Super Seller

@mksavage It is the MOST fun when someone order it to look at them and say "Oh my Gourd!" like youre talking about gossip. 

I just applied for my passport so I am here for the UK trip!!

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

https://www.lovewellteaandcoffee.com/
Message 18 of 20
Super Seller

I LOVE it! Although, I do think they have gone a little far with some of the products that have adopted pumpkin flavoring (your floss example lol!). I love the pumpkin soups, there's a great local coffee shop that has a fancy pumpkin coffee, and anything carbs + pumpkin is an automatic buy for me.

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 19 of 20
Admin

I think you're right, pumpkin floss sounds a bit much! ๐Ÿ˜‚

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 20 of 20