x
Beta Member

Square for Restaurants Online Delivery/KDS Snafu and frustration

In short: I use ChowNow for deliveries/pickups from our website (Square integrates with them, which is why I chose ChowNow!). So for first few mos, an order would come thru the site, pop up under "New Orders", and once marked as In Progress (or set to auto accept), the Kitchen Display KDS would auto get the ticket on the iPad to start making it.  Fast forward to 2 months later, I think after an update, it just...stopped sending it to the KDS. So now we need to receive it, accept it, print it, send ticket to kitchen prep station, then relay this paper to 2-3 areas hoping nothing gets lost in translation/dirty/lost. Obviously this defeats the whole purpose of paying for the KDS...I can print out tix with any app and hand it to the kitchen ppl.  Been like 3 months+ and nobody can fix it or address it.  You can tell the phone help is another country - which is fine, if they can actually get it done - but they haven't.  It's very, very frustrating...and for the 200+/mo we pay it's getting to the point where I am thinking about moving to another system.  Help!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

I have the same issue where the orders don't show up intermittently. It is extremely frustrating when we get a large order for delivery. When the driver comes to pick up, we have not even started making the food because we didn't get a notification on Square POS or Fresh KDS. Fresh KDS constantly drops the connection even during lunch hour rush. I have tried everything from updating all the devices, updating our wifi, reconnecting everything up. Now I have been trying to transition everything into Square Restaurants just on the hope that using Square KDS (only available with Square Restaurants and not Square POS). My hopes are low since the item library from the register does not sync with the restaurants app. ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ”ซโšฐ๏ธ

Message 2 of 3
Square Community Moderator

This sounds like a good question for our Restaurants team, @rayspizza ๐Ÿ•  

They can take a look at your account with you to help a shine light here, as they are able look at your account alongside you in order to help you get started with Creating your Menus. Please reach out by phone or email when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 3