x
Admin

Welcome to the Food and Beverage Group!

AdamB_0-1632415181136.png

Welcome to the group and hello! 👋

This group exists for those in the food and beverage industry to connect, share ideas, and help support each other with unique knowledge and insight.

No need to be shy - say hi and introduce yourself! Talk about your business, tell us a cool customer story, or about the awesome service and products you serve to your customers!

Second, feel free to use images and gifs, animated or otherwise. Everyone loves food and drink pics!

And lastly, thank you for visiting and for joining! We’re really happy to have you here and to hear from you! 

To join the group, visit the Food and Beverage Group homepage and click on the Join Group Hub button on the top right.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 154
153 REPLIES 153

Hello everyone! Thanks for the invite Adam!

Message 2 of 154
Admin

You're welcome! Thanks for joining. 😁

Adam
Message 3 of 154
Beta Member

Thanks for the invite. 

Hi all....I own/operate a small Charcuterie box/board business. Started in July/ 21 as a food add-on option for my friends luxury picnic business and has slowly grown from there. I operate out of Southern Georgian Bay area in Ontario serving Simcoe County.

Used Square primarily to take CC payments for biz but have now designed website through square as well for customers to order online too. 

Looking forward to learning more here as I go along. 

Michelle

Message 4 of 154
Admin

Hi @Michelle2003 ! Thanks for joining the group. I'm Penny from the Square team - I also live in Ontario (Uxbridge) 🙂 I love the upscale charcuterie boards concept. And to add it to your friend's luxury picnic biz... SO SMART! They are both very "in" and social media friendly. Do you have an Instagram? Is your website live?

️ Hailey
Seller Community Marketing Manager
Square Seller Community
Message 5 of 154
Beta Member

Thank you for the invite!!

My wife and I started Grove Cookie Company seven months ago and have been riding the startup wave ever since!! We specialize in crafting out of this world soft and delicious cookies that our community has raved about!

www.grovecookiecompany.com/about

Thank you again for the invite!

Marie & Grayson

Message 6 of 154
Admin

Welcome to the group! Who doesn't love soft cookies??

Adam
Message 7 of 154
Super Seller Alumni

Jello, and thanks for the add!

We own a drive thru only ice cream and take and bake pizza restaurant.  We’re currently looking for fast menu items to add that have a good margin.  Any input would be appreciated!  Staying afloat in this pandemic era is a hat trick for sure, and we’re in a small town in Indiana so our market isn’t fancy or high priced.

Glad to be here 🙂

Message 8 of 154
Admin

Thanks for joining and really great question! You might get more visibility and answers if you make a separate post to the group board. Off the top of my head I was thinking about breakfast items like coffee, pastries, and donuts for people to grab on their way to work.

Adam
Message 9 of 154
Super Seller

Where in INDIANA are you?

Message 10 of 154
Super Seller Alumni

We’re in Connersville 

Message 11 of 154
Super Seller Alumni

Howdy! Fellow pizza fanatic here. Can’t wait to collab on this board with fellow industry peeps. Off the top of my head an easy add on are sauces if you don’t already do that. Red sauce, garlic butter, salad dressings, etc. Easy to make a fresh batch and package once a week and add some serious margin to someone already there to buy. People love to dip pizza crust 😜

Craft Beer Pub & Pizza Spot
Village of Manlius, NY

http://awwander.com
IG: @awwander
FB: @awwandermanlius
Message 12 of 154
Super Seller Alumni

We do have sauces, but only the prepacks and we’re having issues with distribution lately.  I’ll test some recipes for packaging in house.  That’s a great suggestion for increasing margin as well as having something different.  

Message 13 of 154

I make fresh homemade vegan sauces ie tomato sauce and island bbq sauce. All the ingredients I use are from my garden. 

Message 14 of 154
Beta Member

Cookie Dough!! So easy and everyone loves home-baked cookies!

Message 15 of 154
Beta Member

Hi there,

Run a mobile shaved ice business in Northern California. We're in our 6th year and always looking to add off season items that have great margin and novelty as shaved ice does.

Message 16 of 154
Admin

Welcome!!

Adam
Message 17 of 154

Hey do you have promotions and if so how do you run them and what do you use or do to draw more people to your truck.

Im looking for some ideas. 

we have a mobile novelty Ice cream truck.

Message 18 of 154
Super Seller

We sell at Farmers Market's and we sell cheese etc. We have a Bluetooth speaker and randomly we play sounds of baby animals

Cows, goats, and sheep. And I spice it up with a Lion or Camel.

This attracts customers to our booth

René

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 19 of 154
Alumni

I love that! What a creative way to attract your customers, @GourmetOnWheels🦁

Ani
Gestora de la Comunidad de Vendedores / Seller Community Manager, Square
Message 20 of 154
Super Seller

haha. Omg. How cute is that? I love this! On a similar note, I think I'll find or make a recording that says ice cold lemonade and try this. Square sent me one of those tiny bluetooth speakers and I haven't been able to figure out what to do with it. This would be a great way for me to not have to shout but still be able to grab people's attention. Maybe I can even add some fun dad jokes about lemonade or something. Thanks again! 

Message 21 of 154