x

Are Square Gift Cards available in the UK?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: gift cards

I find it really frustrating that as a retail business, we cannot offer our customers the physical gift cards for them to take as gifts for friends and family. Especially considering that this is available in the States, where you can put your own branding on the gift cards. 

Why are we not given this in the UK, as the system is clearly built to do this?

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @JasmineLilah, I just want to reach out and let you know that physical gift card is now available in the UK ๐Ÿ˜Š! You can find out more about them here. Let me know if you have any question and I'll be happy to help.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Totally share your frustration - I've even tried to make my own (didn't work...)!

I think the reason they're not in the UK is that they're made to order by a company in the states that doesn't deal with the UK & so far no UK supplier. 

A workaround I've suggested before would be to have the POS system print a gift receipt with the number on that we could put in a gift card. Not a perfect solution - but better than having to have it emailed to someone etc. 

@tranguyen have there been any updated on this? Even if we could get a batch of cards shipped from the US for us special people here in the community to test!

Pizza Is Chill

Message 2 of 4
Admin

Hi @JasmineLilah and @Sam_400ยบ, thank you for reaching out!

From checking in with the team, they are working on making this happen in the UK so I hope I will have an exact date to share soon. I'll be sure to circle back on this thread once I get more concrete updates from the team. 

Tra
Message 3 of 4
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @JasmineLilah, I just want to reach out and let you know that physical gift card is now available in the UK ๐Ÿ˜Š! You can find out more about them here. Let me know if you have any question and I'll be happy to help.

Tra
Message 4 of 4