x
Beta Member

Cash Drawers

I'm just curious to find out how users are using the hardware from the Square Store? How long have you had the equipment for, has it been reliable and sturdy, any problems and is it worth the money?

My only concern is that I don't want to be forking out £250 on a USB drawer because I have chosen not to go with a receipt printer but also its cheaper than getting an Ethernet Printer and a Printer Driven Drawer.

Out of security too for both fraud and proof of purchase is it best to have a paper back up or is Square reliable enough to switch over to digital copies only. I find the options of sending receipt via text or email is brilliant as it eliminates the paper usage and saves the customer having to upload that to someone's accountant if they're claiming it off business.

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Cash Drawers

@thecafeguy wrote:

My only concern is that I don't want to be forking out £250 on a USB drawer because I have chosen not to go with a receipt printer but also its cheaper than getting an Ethernet Printer and a Printer Driven Drawer.

The printer driven option can be a lot cheaper. Ebay is a good place to be checking out. 

The hardware tends to be rock solid, there are cheap versions out there but generally the star/epsom/etc. are tested & have great support. 

I've always used star printers (mainly 2nd hand ones) & not had a single problem. 

1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@thecafeguy wrote:

The printer driven option can be a lot cheaper. Ebay is a good place to be checking out. 

The hardware tends to be rock solid, there are cheap versions out there but generally the star/epsom/etc. are tested & have great support. 

I've always used star printers (mainly 2nd hand ones) & not had a single problem. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content