x

Datalogic QBT2400 Barcode Scanner

Hello Our Volunteer run Community Shop has been using Sqaure Terminal for a while and we have just upgraded to a Square Stand with Ipad, Cash Drawer. printer  and Barcode Reader.

We could not get one of the Sqaure Compatible Wireless readers and have been sold (not by Sqaure)  a data logic QBT2400 RF/Bluetooth/USB Scanner. We where told that it would be compatible by Barcode Warehouse but I cannot get it to be recognised by the Square Stand. When iPad not in Stand it can read the barcode and send them to notepad or into some Square POS fields. I would be happy to have it working either via USB or Bluetooth. Has anyone had any experience with this reader or can suggest where I may have gone wrong in settings.

Many thanks

David

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Datalogic QBT2400 Barcode Scanner

This scanner & this cable will see you alright (total cost £16)

Verified Answer

Re: Datalogic QBT2400 Barcode Scanner

@BriantspuddleSh I’ve had a quick Google, & while the scanner supports BT pairing with iOS it doesn’t seem to support the standard iOS mode (like the little socketscan barcode scanners). 

I think if I were in your position (& not wanting to mess around for ages) then I’d return the scanner to the seller with some feedback for them 😉

It’s towards the bottom but there is a list of tested barcode scanners on this page linked below - if you’re cost aware then it’s worth checking ebay as they can often be picked up for a fraction of the RRP new/nearly new. 

https://squareup.com/help/gb/en/article/6334-hardware-compatibility-by-device

Sorry I can’t be more help with the scanner you’ve got though! 

1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

@BriantspuddleSh I’ve had a quick Google, & while the scanner supports BT pairing with iOS it doesn’t seem to support the standard iOS mode (like the little socketscan barcode scanners). 

I think if I were in your position (& not wanting to mess around for ages) then I’d return the scanner to the seller with some feedback for them 😉

It’s towards the bottom but there is a list of tested barcode scanners on this page linked below - if you’re cost aware then it’s worth checking ebay as they can often be picked up for a fraction of the RRP new/nearly new. 

Pizza Is Chill

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Best Answer

Pizza Is Chill

Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

This scanner & this cable will see you alright (total cost £16)

Pizza Is Chill

Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your help and advice, we are looking at the return options on this scanner now. D

Message 4 of 4