x

IOSS and third party service providers

In attempt to avoid my EU customers paying extortionate import duty since 1st July, I am looking at a third party service provider to allow customer to pay their appropriate VAT rate at point of order, which is far more convenient/cheaper for them. (I sell books which are VAT-exempt, but that doesnโ€™t matter as orders are generally below โ‚ฌ150, so are now subject to customs feesโ€ฆ)
It seems that Taxamo Assure are reasonable value for me (โ‚ฌ2 per transaction, rather than monthly/annual fees) but looks I like need a degree to remotely get their โ€˜apiโ€™ to work with my Square Site.

Has anyone gone down this rabbit hole? Successfully??

thanks.

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi @DakotaJim, Square doesn't have any partnership with Taxamo Assure. Unfortunately there is no integration we can suggest at this time. 

Emma
Community Manager, Square
Message 2 of 3

Thanks Emma.

I hope a simple (and cost effective) solution comes along.

It seems I can steer my customer to my EBay site, where an IM code is given so that no customs tax is paid outside of the new import VAT, but rather defeats the point of me building a successful Square site originally!

At present some of my customers are liable to pay a tax cost higher than the price of the book and postage combined. Thatโ€™s just so unfair.

Thanks, anyhowโ€ฆ

Message 3 of 3