x

Retail Stock count

Hello,

We run a independent department retail store. We are not new to square as have been using  it in our cafes and so far so good. 

But we are looking at taking the leap to start using square for retail in our shop, then replacing the system we already use. Giving us the ability to start selling online. 

One big question that has come up is that of twice yearly stock take of all stock, which is common in retail stores. I understand how the inventory restock works and how I can adjust stock coming in.

I want to do a stock take of all items at once in store and compare it against a report so can calculate losses through theft and mistakes for example.

Is there a report that will help me do that? Or a Stock take feature? 

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hi @ONE40, thanks for your post! From looking at Square for Retail, there isn't a bulk stock take feature. Rather, you can adjust stock manually and edit it as needed.

When you manually adjust your stock, accept a purchase order or make a sale, it'll be reflected in your history log. You will be able to see all the different adjustment types and also check if stocks were lost, damaged or re-counted.

You can find more information about tracking inventory with Square for Retail here

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 3

Can I make a suggestion?

On the admin page, you can do an export of current stock with levels into a spreadsheet. You can then do a stock take and put the actual amounts into the column next door. It would be easy from that to work out the discrepancies.

Or did I miss the point?

Alan

Message 3 of 3