x

Tracking number when an order is completed

When we update an order to 'Completed' in the Square Up Dashboard, we select the items shipped, then have an option to include tracking details. If the customer has selected shipping with tracking, we add the provider as 'Royal Mail tracking' and add the tracking number in the details.

Should these tracking details be passed on to the customer with a confirmation that their order has been shipped?

Message 1 of 6
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Sorry I missed that @StephenClose. I tried both and the tracking info appeared for both. 

This is from the Orders Dashboard

Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 09.18.42.png

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hi @StephenClose, thanks for posting. 

I just wanted to confirm the question here, is it if you would need to manually send your customer the tracking info from Royal Mail once you have completed their order? 

I tested this out and the tracking number I entered appeared in my confirmation receipt, so that information is automatically sent to your customer. 

Let me know if I have misunderstood the question here, thanks! 

Breffni
Message 2 of 6

@BreffniDo you complete the orders in the Square Up Dashboard (like I do), or in the Square Online Orders page?

Message 3 of 6
Admin

I did this from the Online Dashboard @StephenClose, let me know if you want me to do some testing from the regular Orders (home) Dashboard. 

Breffni
Message 4 of 6

@BreffniSee my original post. I have been using the Square Up /Regular/ Home/ Order dashboard. I do not use the Square Online when completing orders. Can you test the tracking number appears on confirmation messages after the details are entered in the Home/Orders dashboard.

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Best Answer

Sorry I missed that @StephenClose. I tried both and the tracking info appeared for both. 

This is from the Orders Dashboard

Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 09.18.42.png

Breffni
Message 6 of 6