x
Beta Member

Website Options

Hi All, 

We are currently using Square Online for our store website but are finding it a pain, slow to load, doesn't work with Google Merchant centre properly and generally is holding us back from being able to rank (or even show up) in Google searches. 

We previously used WooCommerce which was great in terms of SEO and customisation, but wouldn't sync properly with our Square stock list. (We also have an in person retail store and with over 400 lines need things to sync up to prevent issues with online sales being for items already sold in store). 

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for who they use for their website, that links to Square for Retail stock levels etc?

Thanks

Claire (ReefPassion)

Claire
reef-passion.co.uk
Message 1 of 6
Report Inappropriate Content
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @ReefPassion, thank you for your post and I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with your Square Online site. When you share a link to your site, I will reach out to our eCommerce team to have a look into the performance of your site. 

Emma
Community Manager, Square
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Hi @Emma_ 

Our website is www.reef-passion.co.uk

Thanks

Claire (ReefPassion)

Claire
reef-passion.co.uk
Message 3 of 6

Hi @ReefPassion, thanks for the link. Stepping in for Emma here while she is off. 

Our team has updated us regarding the speed of your website. They have said that the biggest determining factor to site speed is the content added to your website - the number of images, image type/size, custom code, etc. They ran their site through a third-party speed test tool and scored 80, which is average. They also noticed a bulk of your images were PNG files, and they have recommended converting those to JPG which tends to load faster.

Hope this helps. 

Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Hi @k_atie 

Is there a way to find out which images are png files without having to go into each image on each page? (We have a lot of products so this would take a long time!)

Kind regards

Claire

Claire
reef-passion.co.uk
Message 5 of 6

Hey again @ReefPassion! So I think the best way to check if the image is in a PNG or JPEG file is to go to the file where the image is saved. Files saved as either will usually start with 'jpeg' or 'png'. An example of this would be a file saved as 'image.jpeg' or 'png.image'. 

This is a little bit outside of our scope as Square moderators, so I hope the above can be of use to you. If you're still having issues, let me know and I'll do my best to investigate further. 😊

Message 6 of 6