x

1099-K issued to personal name and SSN instead of business

This is our first year processing through Square.  We had previously done our credit card processing through a legacy merchant solution.

The 1099-K forms that Square just issued for our business are made out to my personal name and SSN.

This needs to be corrected.  Phone support agent says she has no direct contact with their tax department, and she advised me to correct this information in my Square dashboard.

I'm a little puzzled here, because our business name is already correctly listed there.  Concurrently, Square also has our EIN on file, so why are they issuing 1099-K forms to my personal name and SSN?

If anyone has any tips I'd greatly appreciate it.  I was honestly hoping for better support, given the volume and sales that we've processed through Square last year.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hello @photography-ny8 thanks for your post. I'm sorry you're having trouble with this. I'm not sure why this is the case for you; I checked my own form and it has my personal name on it as well. My guess is that maybe becuase I'm a sole proprietor? Is that how your company is setup?

Message 2 of 2