x
Admin

2021: What's Testing Now

Welcome to the new year Beta Testers. 

So glad that we've made it this far and we have so many opportunities for you this year.

To get added to one of the listed betas, click to the enrollment link, and we’ll add you to the test pool if available. Beta offerings are updated about once a week. If there is no current linked area, this is coming soon as this is a constantly changing post.

Featured Betas

Square Online

🇺🇲 🇨🇦 🇬🇧 🇯🇵 🇦🇺

Interested in finding out what newest features are being tested in Square Online? 

Our dedicated testing group allows you to raise your hand for these newest features and preview them before the rest of the world. Join in by requesting to be a part of this group.

**Becoming a part of our Square Online testing group requires an active Square Online store.

Currently Recruiting/Testing

Field Testing Groups

We’ve recently began broad betas and ongoing field testing groups. These are groups dedicated to testing products over time, and there will be no specific end of the test. If you choose to enroll, updates are sent to you before the rest of the broad Square market and your feedback is essential to making sure we’re launching products that are working as intended and useful to your business. You can choose to leave these groups, but if you are enrolled, we’ll be sending you updates on occasion but will consider you as part of our long term test audience.

Great! Let’s do this!

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 1 of 42
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

2021: What's Testing Now

Welcome to the new year Beta Testers. 

So glad that we've made it this far and we have so many opportunities for you this year.

To get added to one of the listed betas, click to the enrollment link, and we’ll add you to the test pool if available. Beta offerings are updated about once a week. If there is no current linked area, this is coming soon as this is a constantly changing post.

Featured Betas

Square Online

🇺🇲 🇨🇦 🇬🇧 🇯🇵 🇦🇺

Interested in finding out what newest features are being tested in Square Online? 

Our dedicated testing group allows you to raise your hand for these newest features and preview them before the rest of the world. Join in by requesting to be a part of this group.

**Becoming a part of our Square Online testing group requires an active Square Online store.

Currently Recruiting/Testing

Field Testing Groups

We’ve recently began broad betas and ongoing field testing groups. These are groups dedicated to testing products over time, and there will be no specific end of the test. If you choose to enroll, updates are sent to you before the rest of the broad Square market and your feedback is essential to making sure we’re launching products that are working as intended and useful to your business. You can choose to leave these groups, but if you are enrolled, we’ll be sending you updates on occasion but will consider you as part of our long term test audience.

Great! Let’s do this!

41 REPLIES 41
Beta Member

Hey Kelly! Not sure if this is the right place to be asking this, but I have been waiting patiently for you guys to add a feature where we can add consent/liability forms aka "contracts" to a service when booking that automatically gets sent out via the confirmation link. please let me know if this is in the works or it is already a feature that I'm not seeing.  I have entirely too many customers under square and enjoy using this platform for everything versus toggling back and forth between platforms.  I am looking for something to reduce paper forms that integrates easily with our booking platform for square. we are expanding quickly and need help! 🙂

Message 2 of 42
Beta Member

We would love to be a part of this if it is in the works! To have consent forms/waivers via square would be so time saving and convenient for us!

Message 3 of 42
Beta Member

Looking for a way to reload Gift Cards through the online website. I feel it should be possible as you can buy E-Gift Cards online and check the balance of gift cards online. Just need a way to re-load money to existing gift cards.

Message 4 of 42
Square

@snowpondnemc I love this idea! Can you share about how your customers use gift cards at your business? Back in the day when I was barista I remember having customers preload gift cards as their monthly coffee budget.

Elyn (She/Her)
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 5 of 42
Beta Member

Thanks, I sent you a message as a reply.

Message 6 of 42
Beta Member

Any updates on Monthly Statements as a beta / release feature?
People have been requesting this for 5 years already!! (see https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/How-do-I-download-generate-monthly-statements/td...) .
I wrote a work-around (see https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/How-do-I-download-generate-monthly-statements/m-...), but this is still a glaring missing feature in an otherwise amazing offering.

Message 7 of 42
Square Community Moderator

@StThereseInst

I appreciate the work-around you've shared in the community and your diligence with this feature request. However, to be as candid as possible, we have no plans on our roadmap this year for a Monthly Statements feature. As we look ahead to improve on our reporting features, this will be top of class. 

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 8 of 42
Beta Member

Wanted to beta test the new commission feature. 

Message 9 of 42
Square

Hey there @DiannaDemmel Our first phase of Commission Tracking is already live for all sellers. You can learn more in this support article for set up.

Elyn (She/Her)
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 10 of 42
Beta Member

I'm looking for Commissions Importing on Square Payroll information. I've been getting emails about it, but not sure how to set up.

Message 11 of 42
Beta Member

I'll check it out. If it is the original, it did not work well for my team. 

Message 12 of 42
Square

@DiannaDemmel We are going to doing a short test soon for tiered commissions, would that be something you are interested in?

Elyn (She/Her)
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 13 of 42
Beta Member

Not sure. We need commissions for certain services, not all of them. 

Message 14 of 42

Hey @DiannaDemmel

I believe we invited you to our Square Payroll Commissions Importing beta which will be launching soon (likely next week). We'll be notifying you of our launch update as soon as we go live, but feel free to ask any questions in our dedicated Square Payroll group for this beta!

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 15 of 42
Beta Member

Thank you.

Message 16 of 42
Beta Member

I was invited to this. Do we know when this will start?

Message 17 of 42

Hey @thiscorner

Thanks for joining the Beta Community, we're thrilled to have you!

This feature has actually already been enabled on your account! Feel free to head to our Square Payroll group and check out the Support & Feedback thread.

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 18 of 42
Beta Member

Is this still in beta, we would love to check this out!

Message 19 of 42

@etagere
We've actually completed beta testing a few months ago. This feature is now live, check it out here!

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 20 of 42
Beta Member

We would be interested in this @Elyn. Is there any functionality coming for custom deductions on comisson? We have a by-service deduction for product that the current version doesn't accomodate. 

Message 21 of 42