x

2022 Square Loan Experience isn’t all it’s cracked up to be

I’m already assuming an auto-reply bot will respond to my post with the same generic response they give everyone on here. But I thought I would speak out even if it means hurting my future Square loan eligibility. I grew my very small business from nothing to a projected 150-200k revenue and received 2 loans through Square. When they offered me a third I accepted but I was declined because a client who has me do the same update to his images every month was flagged as a cash advance. A $45 charge that occurred monthly that wasn’t a problem when I had the last 2 loans but now is? And of course no help from Square or the people who are sitting somewhere off Market St. overpaid and underworked not helping anyone like myself or other people who have jumped through all of the Square hoops. If everything is automated what is the point of having human beings at Square who can never ever give any real advice or information? I know I’m not the only one. At this point I don’t care about the loan anymore I proved to myself that I can make it without their help. It would have been nice but in reality Square is becoming another slow-moving financial slug who will eventually lose all the customers who helped them get where they are in the first place. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Have you contacted square directly thru their phone number to talk to someone about this?

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 2 of 2