x

50 cent Delivery Fee??!!!!!!!

How DARE you charge ME a fee for my time and money it already costs me to offer a FREE delivery service to my customers!!!!!!

You are already charging me when they pay and use my website!

You think its ok to double dip??????

We are struggling small businesses!

On PRINCIPAL alone I will be finding a different platform!

And you can count on me letting EVERYONE in my business support groups on social media know about this and I will be sure to tell them to NOT use Square because funny, 7k people saw a post from me the other day saying they should use Square and how awesome it was...I will be correcting that right NOW!

I am so upset by your selfishness!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

I agree completely.  Square has nothing to do with me delivering my product. This is just a straight cash grab for getting nothing in return.

@Anonymous How does one remove this feature as I don't agree to pay for a service that you don't provide. If you want to have someone come and pick up my orders and deliver them, then you have the right to charge something.  Otherwise, this is straight up theft.  You aren't providing any service for this charge.  

I will still be offering local delivery to my customers, but this is on my terms.  Otherwise, you'll be losing a client over your nickel and diming stupidity.

Paul Charbonneau
Message 2 of 8
Admin

Thanks for your feedback, @OsmanUnalan and @greenwitch. I can totally understand why you feel that way, and I'll share your concerns with our team. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to disable or remove that fee, though you could add a small charge to your delivery costs to cover the costs. 

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 3 of 8

There is no justification for charging this fee, as there is no service being provided by Square for my delivering of my products.

At no point does Square have anything to do with the deliveries.

If this fee is not permanently abandoned, then I'll be looking for another provider that actually wants customers to use their platform.

Paul Charbonneau
Message 4 of 8

Please refer to Square's page on their Fees.

https://squareup.com/help/ca/en/article/5068-what-are-square-s-fees

At no point does it mention delivery fees and it actually states "NO HIDDEN FEES" !!!

Fix this!

Paul Charbonneau
Message 5 of 8

I totally agree with you on this one, @OsmanUnalan @greenwitch . My shop does FREE local delivery within a 10km radius of the store. That is MY choice! It is a service that I provide to MY customers, MY gas, MY time! Square plays no part in this service and should NOT be collecting a fee for it. It is just a money grab, and unfortunately, Square is starting to do a lot of that!! Customers love the LOYALTY program ... an additional $30 month. I'd love to use the full Retail package ... $79 month. Getting quite ridiculous in their fees.

@Anonymous - With Christmas just around the corner, Square should look at removing this charge very quickly! 

Message 6 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @AllThingsT ๐Ÿ‘‹

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on our pricing and fees. I will make sure to pass this to our team for consideration.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 8

Thank you.

Message 8 of 8