[APPLICATIONS CLOSED - SUMMER 2021] Apply to the Super Seller program!
It’s official: we’re reopening applications to the Super Seller program.
Super Sellers are members of the Seller Community who manifest the culture of the Seller Community - meaning that they are the best example of what a truly helpful, kind, knowledgeable Square seller and member of the Community is. They are passionate about small business, love using Square, and enjoy sharing their business expertise and knowledge of Square with others. Super Sellers also host or participate in Q&As, and they are featured in spotlights, podcasts and product testimonials.
If this sounds like something you might be interested in, please continue reading and learn how to apply!
What are the perks of becoming a Super Seller?
- Swag: Super Sellers receive branded swag goodies for being in the program! Swag items come in kits with multiple items and also single items throughout the year. If accepted into the program, you’ll receive a welcome kit with all sorts of fun stuff! In the past we’ve sent Bluetooth Speakers, Mobile Chargers, Insulated Tumblers and more.
- Sense of Community: This program is made up of business owners that share their experiences with one another, discuss wins, discuss challenges, offer suggestions, etc. By being in the Super Seller program, you would get a greater sense of Community by being a part of a group with truly helpful, kind and knowledgeable business owners.
- Access to Square Product Managers & Engineers: Super Sellers will have the opportunity to meet directly with Square Product Managers or Engineers to provide thorough feedback on their experience with our products, what improvements they’d like to see, and hear about what’s on the Product Team’s roadmap..
- Priority Community Support: If a Super Seller has a product question or an issue and posts in the Community, they can expect to receive a reply from one of our Community Moderators or Managers in 30 minutes to an hour, rather than our typical 24-48 hour response time. This is a fantastic way for you to get tailored support quickly through a support channel other than phone, email or messaging.
- Status: Super Sellers have an exclusive badge! This lets the rest of the Community know that Super Sellers are a part of the program and here to help!
- Super Seller Lounge: Super Sellers have access to a private group within the Community that we call the Super Seller Lounge. Within the group/lounge, Super Sellers frequently engage with one another and our Community staff privately on a daily basis! Super Sellers are able to surface identified bugs/issues, discuss business practices and view program announcements.
Who should apply to become a Super Seller?
We are looking for all types of sellers no matter what your business type or size. If any of the below sounds like you, please do apply!
- You love helping other sellers by providing great answers to questions in the Seller Community, and you are friendly, thoughtful, and respectful in every interaction.
- You are knowledgeable about a specific Square feature/tool or you know a little about lots of Square’s products, and you are curious to learn even more!
- You are passionate about offering support, encouragement, and advice to small business owners.
- You love testing Square’s new features, reporting bugs, and sharing constructive feedback. You might already be an active member of our Beta Community or perhaps you’re just getting started!
- You are keen to understand the challenges that other sellers in the Community face and provide solutions or workarounds.
What is the criteria to become a Super Seller?
- You use Square for your business.
- You can commit to participating in the Community or engaging with Square on a weekly or daily basis. We do know you are a busy business owner and expect things to come up, but engaging regularly is an important piece of criteria.
- Your tone & style in written posts/replies matches our core Community Etiquette Guidelines.
- You can participate in virtual meet ups on a semi-regular basis.
How do I apply to become a Super Seller?
You apply via this Google form!
Can I apply if I haven’t participated in the Seller Community?
Yes! Please do apply if you haven’t participated yet. You can participate during the weeks we review and if you’re not selected, will be off to a great start for the next round of applications.
What happens after I apply?
We’re accepting applications for 2 weeks. Once we’ve reviewed all the applications a Community Team member will reach out to successful candidates with the next steps.
Who will qualify to become a Super Seller?
We encourage every interested Seller to apply! We will respond to every application. Not everyone will be accepted on their first round. We do encourage anyone not accepted to continue engaging in Seller Community and beyond, and apply again in the future.
The Square team reserves the right to determine or revoke Super Seller status or add or remove program benefits at any time. Super Sellers are not employees, contractors, or agents of Square in any way. Please read the application thoroughly to understand your obligations if selected to be a Super Seller.
Seller Community Manager, Square
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Thanks for posting about this, @Isabelle_ !
If you’re passionate about helping other sellers and contributing to the Square Community, I highly recommend applying to be a Super Seller!
I’ve been a Super Seller here in the Square Seller Community for a few years now, and it has been by far the most rewarding experience of using Square, and maybe even being a small business owner in general.
It has been so incredible being able to use my knowledge and experience, not only with Square Products, but being a small business owner as a whole, to help other sellers by answering questions and sharing things I’ve learned along the way.
On top of that, the personal connection I’ve built with Square as a company is unlike anything I could have dreamed of. I’ve gotten to speak 1-on-1 with folks at all levels of the company, all of whom genuinely care about what I think and what I have to say. They always listen to my feedback about products, pricing, and more, and genuinely want to help me to succeed in any way they can.
That personal touch and care alone has made such a huge improvement in my life and experience, and I’m so grateful for the opportunity to be a Square Super Seller!
So hop in the community, share what you know, interact with other sellers, and apply for the Super Seller program today!
Great to see applications open again!
It's great being a Super Seller and gives more sense of being a part of the community and having a personal connection with Square so I truly recommend anyone interested to apply.
Quick note though, @Isabelle_ where can I get a colourful shirt like this guy he's looking rather cool over there with the yellow/orange shirt on 😎✨
Thanks for the invite. I know this comment will probably be deleted, but I don't have any interest in doing unpaid labour for a company that should provide these services to their clients as a standard.
I’m not sure what you mean when you say that this is something that square should provide themselves.
We Super Sellers help other sellers here in the Community based on our own experiences with running a business.
Square by definition simply cannot provide that service themselves, because the people who work for square do just that - work for square - and don’t run their own businesses.
Square does have a fantastic team of employees in the community answering technical questions and giving customer support.
We don’t provide customer service or anything like that. We just help with problems that we’ve had ourselves, share things we’ve learned along the way, and genuinely just like helping other business owners save time and effort and sanity. It’s a real good thing.
You’ve shared some tips about how you run your business here in the community too - and that’s something that Square wouldn’t have been able to do themselves. That’s exactly what we do.
It sounds like you might not understand what the program is. It is made up of other sellers like you, helping other sellers out to grow. It is an organic way of helping each other navigate selling your product. Square staff are there to offer support on the platform and technically. The super sellers are there to say "hey, have you tried this, it worked for me!"
It's about community and experience.