x
Beta Member

Ability to set Default Location on Square Dashboard

We have three locations set up in Square but two of them are very much part-time locations (food trucks that we occasionally use for events).  This means that the majority of time spent on the Dahsboard is to refer to information/settings related to our 'main' store location.

However, several of the regularly used dashboard sections (Invoices/Timecards in particular) default to the first location defined alphabetically.  Of course our main location is not first on the list alphabetically which means a few extra clicks to get where we want to be.

So I wondered if an option existed/could be added to allow a particular location to be used as the default location so all sections of the dashboard showed the associated data first?

I suspect a workaround would be to rename our locations adding 1, 2, 3 etc in front of the name in the hope this would then make 1 first in the list.  I'm hesitant to do this though as am not sure if renaming an existing location would cause unexpected issues.

Has anybody any thoughts on / solutions to this?  Thanks!  Tom

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @filletandbone, sorry I missed this yesterday!

I had a look on my end and unfortunately, there isn't a way to mark a particular location as the "default" location on Dashboard at the moment. It's definitely something I'll share with our Product team as a feature request!

Are you currently using nicknames for locations by any chance? Changing just the nickname won't cause any issue, as nicknames are internal and can only be view from the Square Dashboard or your app. Reports will updated to reflect the name changes as well. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Hi @tranguyen

Your reassurance gave me the confidence to try editing the Nickname of our main location.  I added a 1 to the front in the hope that this would make it first alphabetically and am pleased to say it worked.  It is now the default pre-selected location in all sections of the dashboard which is exactly what I was after.  Thanks very much!  Tom

Message 3 of 3