x

About to give up on Weebly/Square. Anyone else having these issues?

We switched our website and POS to Square/Weebly about 2 years ago.  At first I really loved this platform and my experience Square is still good.  Weebly has been getting more and more chaotic and less responsive to problems.  The synch is sketchy at best.  Sometimes our inventory takes until the next day to complete a synch only adding 50 or less items.  If you to "Items" in Weebly and try to search for a particular sku it does not work.  I figured out a work around by adding the sku to the title of the item, not ideal but it worked.  Now that stopped working too.  It only works if you type the entire sku.  If you type a portion like the first 3 numbers it will say "no items found". So, it is pretty worthless as a search.  I spent hours on the phone with tech support.  They always say the engineers are aware of the bug and it will be fixed soon.  That was months ago.  Still not working. 

On August 8th I went to add some email addresses for new team members.  It will not let me add email addresses.  It acts like it is adding but does nothing.  So, I spent hours again with tech support.  They told me the engineers are aware of the bug and it will be fixed soon.  About a week later I asked for a supervisor to call me to discuss options for getting email addresses added.  They told me the supervisor would call within 48 hours.  After no call I called back.  They said they would ask someone to call again.  Finally I received an email from someone who said they were a supervisor "This is Mary supervisor from the Square Online". She just told me that the engineers are aware we cannot add email addresses and they are working on it.  I complained that it should not take this long.  She replied that they will contact me when it is resolved.  That was a week ago.  I sent another message today and have yet to receive a response.  What kind of company can't even be bothered to make a call tom their customer when they are having a big problem like email addresses cannot be added.  

I am sure there is someone at this company who cares but I have not encountered that person yet.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I am at my wits end.   

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

Oh for sure Square Online / Weebly without a doubt their biggest area of opportunity for improvement. There are, I believe, Square integrations for some other web platforms like Wix but I have not tried those.

Katrina@BSLprints
Message 2 of 3

We have now completed our move to Shopify.  Let me tell anyone reading this.  Shopify is light years ahead of Square/Weebly.  I made the wrong choice going with Square in the first place.  I did not want to switch because it is such a monumental undertaking.  I tried to call both Square and Weebly to express to someone how frustrated we were with never having any issues addressed.  No one I talked to really cared that much.  I sensed that they are frustrated by the lack of support for them as well.  Anyway. we are out of here.  Good luck to all of you that stay.

Message 3 of 3