x
Beta Member

Accounting Book keeping Consultant for Coffee Shop

I'm looking for someone who can guide me through the process of setting up a book keeping / accounting solution with square.  I've done a decent amount of reading on some posts here.  I've read reviews of all the square accounting integrations.  But, I don't understand some of the language. 

Does anyone know of an accounting service that is experienced with setting up Square stores? 

Would really appreciate any direction here.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

@_timtaylor ;

When I went to first start my book keeping for our books I talked to my local accountant that did my taxes.  He helped me setup my books and gave me pointers.  As for your location, are you trying to have someone setup your books remotely or would you like them to come in set them up and then you do the actual books?    Depending on what your trying to have accomplished it might be better to talk to your accountant, because they will be the ones doing your books and taxes.  This way they know what the items are and are familiar with the accounting software you are using.  Plus they are familiar with your local and state laws.

Now if you want generic pointers, I would recommend : https://hectorgarcia.com/ 

As he has a firm out of Florida that helps fix and transfer data from different sources to QuickBooks.  He also has YouTube videos that help with different things dealing with importing transactions from different sources to QuickBooks.   This is how I learned about TPI for importing my Square Transactions and sales data to QuickBooks.

There are many different accounting packages, and then different software to get this information from Square to these packages. 

Hope this helps. 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Really appreciate the information, Keith.  I will start with my accountant who files my taxes....and I'll also take a look at Hector Garcia's material.  

Thank you!

Message 3 of 3