x
Beta Member

Active modifiers for only online

Is there a way without adding the same item multiple times to my inventory, to have modifiers only show up on line? I use my square app at craft fairs and don’t want the specific modifier I added for shipping and in person delivery by me on my wreaths I make. But I still want to have it be required online on my weebly and square store online. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @Cpassetto

Welcome back to the Community! 

In your Online Store, you cannot add pictures to modifiers or variations of your items.

However, there is an option to add multiple pictures to the items as a whole. You would add these is the Edit Details of those items. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

I was asking if there was a way in square to make it so I could turn off specific modifiers when at a craft fair using square app but not have it disappear from my online store. For example at the fair my wreaths I would not have modifiers attached but online weebly site I would because I would need a modifier for specific charge for shipping or processing fee for preorders clients want sooner then my normal 3 week turn around for making them. I don’t want to add the item twice to my square app (one for online and one for fairs).

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

@Cpassettointeresting! I usually see people who want modifiers to be in the app but not the online store, which is possible.

I just tried testing creating a modifier on the online store (versus the main item library), and unfortunately it does come across to the points of sale. So what you're asking is definitely a feature request.

Here's what I would recommend as a workaround:

Go ahead and make the modifier group visible everywhere.

On your item library (not the online library), open one of the items you want this modifier to be attached to. Scroll down to that modifier and hit the Customize link on the right. Set a default option here (probably something like "Regular Processing Time" for your situation), choose that only one option can be chosen, and save.

Now, whenever you have that item ordered, the modifier screen will show on the POS, but you won't have to interact with it unless your customer wants an upgraded service time. At the same time, your online clients can choose from the dropdown for their desired service time.

Hopefully this will help you out!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 4 of 4